300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airport police

Anyone on this forum work as Airport Police? I'm a transplant from NYC to Tampa area with 15 years as a peace officer with the MTA. Any information would be nice...

Originally posted by wrecker212 View Post
    Anyone on this forum work as Airport Police? I'm a transplant from NYC to Tampa area with 15 years as a peace officer with the MTA. Any information would be nice...
    Are you eligible for Florida reciprocal training? They patrol the airfield, terminals and area
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I am the Chief at Tampa International Airport. What do you need to know?

Comment

I've looked at TIA seems to be a good agency, I've got 2 yrs and change before I retire up here in DC. My wife kinda likes ft myers and Naples so not sure which area I'll end up in. I've noticed TIA has openings often which is good if your looking for a job but also says something about the turn over rate. I personally don't worry about that and even less when I retire. My recommendation get your EOT and go for TIA

Comment

• ACCAV
          ACCAV commented
          Editing a comment
          The turnover rate is low. We have had several retirements lately which accounts for some openings. We are also hiring due to the recent airport expansion. I assumed command in June. I did not replace the Deputy Chief position and I let a captain go who did not share my leadership philosophy. Rather than hire a captain from the outside, I promoted from within (in keeping with my vision to build this department from the ground up). These decisions created two more entry level positions.

You would be hard-pressed to find an agency in Florida than can compete with the pay and benefits of TIAPD. Starting pay on par with area agencies, health insurance at ridiculously low rates (aschief, I pay the most and it's about 2/3s less than I paid in Houston), pay raises based on evals which can be 3%, 3.5% or 5% EVERY year, a $2,000 employee incentive bonus in December, leave sell-back, and more.

I've been looking at TIA but heard things about the old command staff, I'm glad to hear things are improving at TIA. I've talked with my wife about the Tampa area and she's ok with that as well since she has family in Tampa. I'm hoping you guys will be hiring by the time I retire from the Fed's. You guys seem like a top notch agency. If you'd like to chat more chief feel free to message me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3266 users online. 158 members and 3108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X