Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSO Hiring Timeline

Good early morning folks,

The title is somewhat self-explanatory. Can anyone who's been through the BSO process chime in and plot out how long their process was? Was hoping to get a better idea of how long the oral board, to poly, to psych, to etc. etc. would be. Much appreciated.

Too long. Bso is having a freeze in the hiring process. Some process are taking over a year. But then again it’s who you know.

Comment

Originally posted by serg_stevenson View Post
      Too long. Bso is having a freeze in the hiring process. Some process are taking over a year. But then again it’s who you know.
      Why is BSO in a hiring freeze and I heard theyre process takes like 4-6 months

Comment

mine was 4 months and then I waited almost 2 months for the academy

Comment

I applied back in August, I made it through all the steps so far and I've been in the background phase for about a month and I'm still waiting for it to be completed and to hear the results of that. Prior to this stage I heard back on each part of the step a week after. I did however only apply for communications.

Comment

• Iroquois99
            Iroquois99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Understood, thanks for responding.

Originally posted by Iroquois99 View Post
          Good early morning folks,

The title is somewhat self-explanatory. Can anyone who's been through the BSO process chime in and plot out how long their process was? Was hoping to get a better idea of how long the oral board, to poly, to psych, to etc. etc. would be. Much appreciated.
          My process took about 4 months from start to finish and I didn’t know anyone at BSO.

Comment

• Iroquois99
            Iroquois99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good to know. I'm in the same boat. Thanks for the info.

How often does BSO have openings for non certified, I was going to wait until the spring to apply. Will this announcement be the last for awhile?
          currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Iroquois99
            Iroquois99 commented
            Editing a comment
            You've got until December to apply, buddy. Check the BSO job listing for Law Enforcement Cadet. That's your non-certified opening.

anyone else in the backgrounds for BSO? handed my packet over at the end of September , applied for non certified back in may. They started to call my references a couple weeks ago but nothing since. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Comment

• Shadow1020
            Shadow1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't hear much for a couple weeks after they contacted my references either. I am in the process for communications. I was just advised my background was completed and the application now in the review process. The background investigator advised me they are prioritizing files based upon the needs of the agency and from my experience and understanding the time varies per position and person. I handed in my packets early October and I applied in mid August. I would follow up with the status.

• Iroquois99
            Iroquois99 commented
            Editing a comment
            Out of curiosity, was this the packet you handed in on the date of your poly or was this a separate part of the process?

Yeah if I don't hear anything in the coming weeks, I'll definitely give them a call. Hoping the wait isn't much longer. Thanks for the insight ! I appreciate it

Comment

Iroquois99, I wouldn't be able to answer that question as a poly is not required for communications so therefore I did not take one. As far as the background investigation goes I just handed in the regular background packets the investigator sent to me.

Comment

• Iroquois99
              Iroquois99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Gotcha, thanks for letting me know. I appreciate you taking the time to reach out.

Yeah in my case for deputy, you'll be required to fill out a background history packet for pretty much every step of the process. poly, psych backgrounds etc, . I was referring to the background packet that BSO handouts for them to start my background

Comment

• Iroquois99
              Iroquois99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool, thanks for letting me know buddy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10085 users online. 437 members and 9648 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X