300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorizing Statute Numbers

Do you have to memorize the statute numbers for vehicle or criminal violations in the academy? Is it necessary to memorize the codes once you leave the academy?

You don't really need to know statue numbers in the academy, I'd starting looking at elements of crimes (battery, burglary, robbery, etc) also start looking over 10 codes and signals.

Comment

Originally posted by toryt View Post
      Do you have to memorize the statute numbers for vehicle or criminal violations in the academy? Is it necessary to memorize the codes once you leave the academy?
      You did when I was in the academy. Of course, that was when dinosaurs roamed the earth and fire was just discovered.

If you want an easy way to learn, I will offer some distasteful advice that got me through college with high grades. Leave you law books in the bathroom. Every time to drop in for a sit down, open a law book instead of a magazine. After a while, will be well versed in the law and know them by heart.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

No, but you might want to know a couple of cases like the ones related to below and other Constitutional rights related.

1) Use of force
        2) Pretext Stop
        3) Fresh Pursuit

You just might be lucky on SOCE day and get the state exam that asks you about them or during Chapter 2/7.

Comment

Originally posted by toryt View Post
          You don't need to memorize them anymore. You can just program them into your phone.
          You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11316 users online. 346 members and 10970 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X