Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWC App Close 9/25/17

Good afternoon.
    I was wondering if anyone else has applied yet for the Non-Certified 9/25/17 job announcement. I am a 8 year correctional officer hoping to make transition. I just submitted my State of Florida App today and received the automated response back saying the agency will contact me if they wish to proceed. Anyone know how long this normally takes? I look forward to hearing back from everyone.

Not sure. I recently applied as well just waiting for the date of the PAT. I have heard that we should get a response back in June or July. What three areas are you interested in working?

Comment

In my packet I listed Volusia, Seminole, Lake in that order. I would really like to stay in Volusia since I currently own a home in this region and would prefer not to up root. How about yourself?

Comment

Im currently in background phase of previous application period. Will apply to this one if I don't get through as a back up. Im going for Palm Beach, Martin, or Okeechobee counties. Good luck everyone.

Comment

My recruiter just got back with me this week and said he will be training a class in Tallahassee this week. I asked him if they have said when they will start looking into these applications and all he was told was very soon.

Comment

The process can take quite awhile. When I got hired it took about 9 months from beginning to end. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, I've been on for almost a year now.

Comment

• Stay Frosty
              Stay Frosty commented
              Editing a comment
              How is the job so far ? Ups and down's of the job

• BEVANS1985
              BEVANS1985 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am currently in the application process for the Nov end date. As for the PAT do you swim before the PAT or after?

I'm currently in the background investigation phase as well. You won't get an email about the PAT until after the closing date. So I'm in the 12/4/2016 closing application and we didn't get the PAT until January 24th, so everything will probably start taking off in October.

Comment

Jobs great I spend a ton of time on the water enforcing the laws. I get to work in the community and I get to work with tons of wildlife. I was a deputy before this and it was absolutely the best decision I ever made as far as a career move.

Comment

• Carter24
                Carter24 commented
                Editing a comment
                How did you find out about the PAT? (through email)? What would you recommend for preparation for the PAT and the Oral board?

Good afternoon. I just received my email stating that my application was reviewed and submitted. It also stated that I should keep an eye out for an upcoming PAT test. Has anyone else received anything?

Comment

I'm also applying for the first time, non-sworn, awaiting PAT scheduling.

Comment

Hi All, Does anyone know how competitive this process is? I heard thousands apply and only 10-20 get chosen, is this true? Thanks

Comment

• Carter24
                    Carter24 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi, I think everything is competitive so regardless act like there is only 10-20 people that get chosen. I have been reading the forums and for the hiring post June 2016 they had to push the date back because they didn't have enough applicants if that helps answer your question any.

I received my accepted application as well its been awhile now, I am just waiting to do some ride-alongs until the closing date. This is my first time applying also. I'm hoping to stay in Levy, Alachua, or Marion county.

Comment

Good luck to all
                    Last edited by fwcfl; 08-18-2017, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Not sure if anyone is following this thread but for anyone interested, the application date has been extended to mid-November this pushes the academy start date to October 2018.

Comment

Just got notified to update my documents and my app was accepted. They said a PAT email would be coming in the near future. That new obstacle course looks interesting. Anyone think it is harder or easier than the old one?
                        ATF IOI Applicant
                        Apply May 2017
                        Panel Interview August 2017
                        Fedex Package September 2017
                        SF86 E-QIP September 2017
                        E-QIP sent October 2017
                        ATF BI agent contact for SF86 add info. October 2017
                        Sit-down, BI investigation 10/28/2017. Adjudication?
                        Applicant Disclosure Form February 2018

DEA DI Applicant
                        Apply March 2017
                        Phase 3 exam taken September 2017. Passed
                        interview for November 2017.
                        Accepted COE Jan 2018.Medical in March

Comment

• Carter24
                          Carter24 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hey, how's it going, have you heard anything recently.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5963 users online. 384 members and 5579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X