X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BI Question - Melbourne Academy

Hey,

Question states:
    "In your lifetime, have you ever settled in a civil matter in which you were involved?"

The only time I've been to court was to get an Injunction for protection against someone. Is that civil? Just curious.

Appreciate it,
    Wadson
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

yes.
    if they violate the injunction, then they (or you) are committing a crime.
    "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma vs karma
      yes.
      if they violate the injunction, then they (or you) are committing a crime.
      Appreciate it karma.

Comment

I know civil action is basically anything that takes place in court between two people, rather than the state or county vs the individual.

I actually have a question on that, if you are working for a company and the company is being sued through like a workmans comp or somthing like that and your called to testify through a sworn deposition, does that need to be discolsed anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by njsurfer
          I know civil action is basically anything that takes place in court between two people, rather than the state or county vs the individual.

I actually have a question on that, if you are working for a company and the company is being sued through like a workmans comp or somthing like that and your called to testify through a sworn deposition, does that need to be discolsed anywhere?
          No clue bro. No question in this packet relates to that kind of situation. It's either not in here, or I am having a hard time understanding some of these situations. I'm new to the process. I'll ask my investigator for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by njsurfer

I would disclose it, if nothing else just so that if you mention it later in the process after the app you're covered and you don't put them in the mode of "hmm... what else didn't he add?"

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
              I would disclose it, if nothing else just so that if you mention it later in the process after the app you're covered and you don't put them in the mode of "hmm... what else didn't he add?"
              Just wanted to confirm,

The poly and physc are all off my BI packet right?

There are some minor things that I did as a child that I don't remember and cant put on my bi. How is this going to look for me in the fut?

-- wadson

Comment

Originally posted by WadsonF
                Just wanted to confirm,

The poly and physc are all off my BI packet right?

There are some minor things that I did as a child that I don't remember and cant put on my bi. How is this going to look for me in the fut?

-- wadson

My Poly was done off of my application. Both the Poly I did last Friday and the CVSA I did with another agency the friday before that were done before Background Investigations, but it depends agency to agency. And as far as I know the Psych written is the same for everyone and the application or BI aren't used, and they may or may not be used for the psych interview. My guess (but I've been wrong before) is that the psychologist won't even look at the application or BI and will just ask you open ended general questions (have you ever seen a psych, if so what for, ever been depressed, so on and what not).

Comment

wadson...

give up everything. anything you've every done doesn't compare to what i have.
                  and i'm like hank aaron when it's come to job offers. i knock it out the park.

so when you complete your BI packet, about 1/2 way thru the academy, when you decide to start applying (do not start applying any earlier in brevard), you ask police testing for a copy of your BI. they will give you one.
                  "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
                    My Poly was done off of my application. Both the Poly I did last Friday and the CVSA I did with another agency the friday before that were done before Background Investigations, but it depends agency to agency. And as far as I know the Psych written is the same for everyone and the application or BI aren't used, and they may or may not be used for the psych interview. My guess (but I've been wrong before) is that the psychologist won't even look at the application or BI and will just ask you open ended general questions (have you ever seen a psych, if so what for, ever been depressed, so on and what not).
                    Ok, thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by dogma vs karma
                    wadson...

give up everything. anything you've every done doesn't compare to what i have.
                    and i'm like hank aaron when it's come to job offers. i knock it out the park.

so when you complete your BI packet, about 1/2 way thru the academy, when you decide to start applying (do not start applying any earlier in brevard), you ask police testing for a copy of your BI. they will give you one.
                    Dogma, what's your real name bro? Just awkward calling you dogma or karma. But it's up to you what I choose, just to show respect.

Appreciate it, I was also warned via PM not to start applying until mid acad.

I'll drop everything in it like you mentioned, and request a copy of the BI.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7486 users online. 372 members and 7114 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X