300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few nights ago, WTF

Why are the night shift cops always so freaking rude?

I was coming out of my friends out for the night, getting ready to go home, I spotted Palm Bay, PD driving around real slow, (I guess sec. check?) I happily looked at them, and said "Hey guys, stay safe, and enjoy your night."

The window was down, I knew the noob in the front seat with an FTO heard me. They kept driving, and then stopped 20ft away from where I replied.

The guy comes out of the car and goes : "You called us?"

I said, "No, what's going on?" He ignored me and turned around, I asked if he was looking for anyone, and he said "Yea, You."

What the fu**! What the freak did I do?

I replied with a, "Your joking right?" "What's your name and badge number boyfriend" ignored me with information.

How dumb was that. I guess a bad night? Maybe he thought I was a gang banger? The freak ever.

----
    Thought I'd post it in the FL section instead of causeing a scene in "Ask a Cop" or "General Law Enforcement." You guy's seem to be more paitent, and actually reply with stuff that makes sense.

If I get a job at Palm Bay, I'll confront him and ask what his deal was.

That's my rant for the day.
    -- WadsonF
    Last edited by threatZERO; 01-25-2007, 10:18 PM. Reason: Minor edit, spelling.
    The statements posted on here are of my own and does not represent any agency that I am in process with, was in process with or will be in process with.

Originally posted by WadsonF

I was coming out of my friends out for the night, getting ready to go home, I spotted Palm Bay, PD driving around real slow, (I guess sec. check?) I happily looked at them, and said "Hey guys, stay safe, and enjoy your night."

The window was down, I knew the noob in the front seat with an FTO heard me. They kept driving, and then stopped 20ft away from where I replied.

I said, "No, what's going on?" He ignored me and turned around, I asked if he was looking for anyone, and he said "Yea, You."

I replied with a, "Your joking right?" "What's your name and badge number boyfriend" ignored me with information I had the right to receive.

How dumb was that. I guess a bad night? Maybe he thought I was a gang banger? The freak ever.

----
    Thought I'd post it in the FL section instead of causeing a scene in "Ask a Cop" or "General Law Enforcement." You guy's seem to be more paitent, and actually reply with stuff that makes sense.

That's my rent for the day, I hope everyone has everything going thier way, and an awsome week.

-- WadsonF
    Oh man that guy was such a noob! What a loser! So wait you're in like what... week 2 of the academy? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris
      Oh man that guy was such a noob! What a loser! So wait you're in like what... week 2 of the academy? Wow.
      Did not need your attitude, I was not being mean at all when I said "noob" obviously he was in the FTO program.

Anyways, I can easily see where this thread is going to go with people like you.

Add:

And No.
      The statements posted on here are of my own and does not represent any agency that I am in process with, was in process with or will be in process with.

Comment

Did not need your attitude, I was not being mean at all when I said "noob" obviously he was in the FTO program.

Anyways, I can easily see where this thread is going to go with people like you.

And No.

Shouldn't have posted it.. you most definitely haven't earned the right to call anyone a noob much less that whole boyfriend smart *** comment.. hopefully you dont get your feelings hurt that much when your on the street and someone calls you some derogatory term and tells you to f*** your mother :\ and what are you gonna do with his name and badge number file a complaint? if so then you are definitely gonna have problems on the road.. ive been on squads that talked so much crap to each other constantly that nuns would cringe and fall over in shock, some was friendly and some was not, you just roll with it and keep on going.

his remark might not have been appropriate but neither was your rebuttal.. and as someone in the academy you should be watching your p's and q's, all it takes is a call to your TA or a arrest to run your whole plan.

Oh.. and you will be a rookie some day, so you will be on the night shift..... so try not to burn your bridges with your future co-workers..
        Last edited by soflacop; 01-24-2007, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soflacop
          Shouldn't have posted it.. you most definitely haven't earned the right to call anyone a noob much less that whole boyfriend smart *** comment.. hopefully you dont get your feelings hurt that much when your on the street and someone calls you some derogatory term and tells you to f*** your mother :\ and what are you gonna do with his name and badge number file a complaint? if so then you are definitely gonna have problems on the road.. ive been on squads that talked so much crap to each other constantly that nuns would cringe and fall over in shock, some was friendly and some was not, you just roll with it and keep on going.

his remark might not have been appropriate but neither was your rebuttal.. and as someone in the academy you should be watching your p's and q's, all it takes is a call to your TA or a arrest to run your whole plan.

Oh.. and you will be a rookie some day, so you will be on the night shift..... so try not to burn your bridges with your future co-workers..
          Words of wisdom..
          "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy

Comment

I replied with a, "Your joking right?" "What's your name and badge number boyfriend" ignored me with information I had the right to receive.
            Nothing that the newer officer said struck me as particularily rude. A little cheeky, maybe. Not my choice of words for that situation, though. Asking for name and badge number was probably the most disturbing part of the whole scenario. That would be a sign of thin-skin. As an LEO, if I was walking in my neighborhood and a cop drove by, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to chat -- unless I had particular information to pass on or I personally knew the officer. Officers, especially officers in training, are usually too busy to be stopping every 25 feet to explain their business to every inquiring mind.

Comment

Originally posted by soflacop

Na bro, Not to file a complaint.

To actually know who to look for when I want to sit down and talk with him. Though cops are real busy in Palm bay, that would of been a bad idea anyway.

I know everyone + cheif of PB, I did not know him, was just curious as to what the information was.

Like most of you told me to build,

I'll get the tough skin eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser266
                Nothing that the newer officer said struck me as particularily rude. A little cheeky, maybe. Not my choice of words for that situation, though. Asking for name and badge number was probably the most disturbing part of the whole scenario. That would be a sign of thin-skin. As an LEO, if I was walking in my neighborhood and a cop drove by, I wouldn't even waste my time trying to chat -- unless I had particular information to pass on or I personally knew the officer. Officers, especially officers in training, are usually too busy to be stopping every 25 feet to explain their business to every inquiring mind.
                True..

But still, that's bull sht, and you know what he did was bull too. I still dont see why he had to say what he did.

Comment

----

That's my rent for the day, I hope everyone has everything going thier way, and an awsome week.

-- WadsonF
                  Another reason why the hiring age should be 21, you still have that punk kid attitude. Now Im not suprised that you are banned on other forums...

For you to call an officer a noob and boyfriend, who the hell are you? You haven't even gone through the academy yet...
                  Last edited by Crow32; 01-25-2007, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Hey Watson I understand your grief don't worry about it. Samething happen to me with a State Trooper. When the hurricanes struck Florida in 2005 not sure which hurricane it was but after it passed there was a curfew in affect. Anyways, I was with my exwife coming back from checking somewhere to eat and mind you the road was FULL of people. Anyways, I see this trooper park next to me in traffic and I was checking out his car and equipment out of boredom you know normal waiting in traffic. Well, the trooper starts looking at me and then puts down his window and yells " hey can I help you why are you staring at me so damn much" I replied I'm sorry I was just checking out your equipment and I wanted to say Hi. Well, after that the guy goes on a frenzy and says " You know I can arrest you right? Your out on curfew" I replied I'm returning back to my house right now I was just looking for a place to eat. Then he replied " I don't give a **** your out on curfew I should arrest you now for that" I replied " then what are you going to arrest everyone out here as well because I'm guessing everyone is out here for any number of reasons" Well to end the story short the trooper was a dumbass and I ended up shutting him up after that comment. Just goes to show there are good officers and then there are dumbasses like that guy. Just ignore it and go on with your life that's what I did. As for calling a FTO noob I have no idea what the hell that means so anyone please tell me what that means. PS I'm new on here so just wanted to say Hi to everyone.
                    Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

I consider myself in the later half of rookiedom (3 yrs)...so take it or leave it.

I wouldn't do ANYTHING, I mean anything to draw attention to yourself from Officers...especially on-duty Officers. Did you really ask for his name and badge # and call him "Boyfriend"?

When you get to the streets, do you see yourself being called "Boyfriend" and being happy about it?

Come on, you're about to be a Cop...tap into that common sense for one minute and think about why he drove 20 feet away from somebody who's standing close to the car window (ie-it has to do with Officer Safety, the most important two words you will hear on a daily basis throughout your career).

He got out and aksed you if you needed something...what's innapropriate about that? Cops get flagged down and alerted to all sorts of things..some strange, some dangerous (ie-that mean man just pointed a gun at me and took my lunch money). It's our job to stop and speak with citizens who give us some sort of indication that they would like to speak with us.

You told him no, he turned around (presumably to go back to his cruiser) and you (this is where you went wrong btw) bait him with the infamous question, and he promply ignored you. If somebody asks you for your badge number, are you gonig to take it as a sign of friendship?

I would not confront him (even in a nice way) if you get hired on with them. That's asking for trouble.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, and I am no better than you because I'm a cop (I'm just older and got the chance sooner), so please don't be offended. I'm sure you're a good kid, and will make a dedicated Officer someday.

For now I would chaulk it up as a learning experience...
                      1) Don't draw any attention from LEO's (ie-get stopped, chat em up at the diner etc...). If you see something happen, call 911 and keep your distance.
                      2) I know you're excited about becoming a LEO (I still am excited about it)...but your main focus should be on staying out of trouble, getting hired, and listening to the older guys once you're in.

Good luck...

Edit: You're not their friend until you've proven yourself via baptism by fire (you'll see!).

Comment

Listen I think is normal to be genuinely interested in normal day to day operations performed by your local cops. Since you made it and are now in the academy you also feel like you’re part of the team. Once you start your FTO phase things will change. While some FTOs do what their title states they should unfortunately there are others who do nothing but belittle and embarrass their subjects any chance they get. Even though this job requires thick skinned people and the FTO should make sure that his subjects are tested to make sure they won’t crack under pressure later; excessive abuse is unnecessary. There are some recruits that are a nervous wreck the first week or become overly aggressive to compensate for the lack of confidence.

But I will agree with rest of the leos, you are already displaying a cocky attitude that young guys your age have. There’s always these guys and everyone here knows them, that think they can do things better than anybody else. I mean they still having even graduated from the academy and they are already calling everybody a noob and predicting how many arrest they’ll make without even having the power to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Crow32
                          Another reason why the hiring age should be 21, you still have that punk kid attitude. Now Im not suprised that you are banned on other forums...

For you to call an officer a noob and boyfriend, who the hell are you? You haven't even gone through the academy yet...
                          You say forums as plural, Too bad it's been 1 forum, and that Moderator that runs that forum is "power happy". Rp is a joke.

Punk kid attitude? Your joking right?
                          Last edited by threatZERO; 01-25-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FLPD698
                            Listen I think is normal to be genuinely interested in normal day to day operations performed by your local cops. Since you made it and are now in the academy you also feel like you’re part of the team. Once you start your FTO phase things will change. While some FTOs do what their title states they should unfortunately there are others who do nothing but belittle and embarrass their subjects any chance they get. Even though this job requires thick skinned people and the FTO should make sure that his subjects are tested to make sure they won’t crack under pressure later; excessive abuse is unnecessary. There are some recruits that are a nervous wreck the first week or become overly aggressive to compensate for the lack of confidence.

But I will agree with rest of the leos, you are already displaying a cocky attitude that young guys your age have. There’s always these guys and everyone here knows them, that think they can do things better than anybody else. I mean they still having even graduated from the academy and they are already calling everybody a noob and predicting how many arrest they’ll make without even having the power to do so.
                            Bro, let me tell you somthing. I am far from cocky. I typed up that whole little incident in a matter of 3 mins without proof reading it, I tried to tell it as best I could without leaving anything out.

During the whole thing, I did not give him an attitude at all, I was just curious as too what his deal was. The area he was in is CRIMELESS... (I dont know what does on internally, but externally, people are outside when cops come by because it's so friendly around)

#1 I never mentioned how many people I wanted to arrest.
                            #2 Noob was just a term for a New guy, your taking the word to another level
                            #3 Agree with whoever you want. You know it would of been bull if it happend to you. If you were in my shoes that is.

I dont see why everyone thinks I'm trying to **** someone off, Some of you told me not to bother him, hell, I'll leave it at that.

I posted the thread here before I said anything at the department for a reason. To see how I should take it, not to get bashed. But thanks anyway.

Comment

Wadson, are you in BLE yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2226 users online. 85 members and 2141 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X