300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bpad

I just got a call from the Palm Bay PD and have my appointment coming up for the BPAD on Sept. 22nd. This is step one in the hiring process for Palm Bay. Any advise, suggestions from anyone that has taken it? I really don't think it will be all that hard. I would rather talk to someone in person but we'll see how it goes.

Hey K,
    What is the BPAD?
    Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

Behavioral Personnel Assessment Devise

Its a video you watch and then respond to different situations.

Candidates watch a series of professionally acted and produced video simulations, then respond verbally as if they were at the scene. Responses are videotaped and scored using validated criteria. The result: a standardized, defensible test costing far less time and money than oral boards or assessment centers.

Comment

Oh. I wish I could help you on that one but I have never heard of it.

Anyway, you really already know what to do. Just give the best answers you can. I know, it sounds easy but this Bpad should not make your answers any different than if it were a traditional oral interview. Just give your best.

Let us know how its going.

BTW, I worked for Palm Bay as a firefighter in the mid 80s. Small world.
        Fear not the armed citizen but rather the government that tries to disarm him.

Comment

I really like the Palm Bay/Melbourne area. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kshields
            I really like the Palm Bay/Melbourne area. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
            Thanks
            Hey man good luck. I lived in Melbourne for 8 years and graduated from Rockledge HS. I'm actually in the process now with Titusville PD. My parents still live in Melbourne, but I don't like the north side of the county at all. Good luck in your testing though, they're a great department.

Comment

Thanks. The whole process is moving along pretty quick.

Comment

Just watch the videos and make sure to listen to what is said and respond based on that to the best of your ability. The people grading it know that you are not an officer so they don't expect you to know everything, just have a basic understanding of what you should do. Pretend that whoever you are talking to is right there in front of you and answer accordingly, don't say what you would do, say what you are doing. It's really not that bad, like I said pretend you are actually in the situation and you'll do fine. Hope that helps, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by kshields
                  Thanks. The whole process is moving along pretty quick.
                  Hi Kshields:
                  I took a BPAD it is not bad you react to the screen with each scenario. I would not worry just be calm and go along with the role play. Use common sense. I am in the process with MDPD I have my poly on the 26th of September. I am really pumped up.
                  All the best Hammer.

Comment

Thanks Hammer. 4 more days. I'm not too worried. Good luck with your poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4763 users online. 310 members and 4453 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X