300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Florida Police Job Openings?

Just checking to see if anyone knows of any Law Enforcement jobs in North Florida. Close to Columbia County, fl.

I moved to Florida from NJ and am looking to get back on the job.

I'm currently certified in New Jersey and Florida for law enforcement. I've got 5 years experience.

Flawless record as a civilian and officer.

I hold a Firefighter one certification and Open Water Diver Cert also.

Anyone know of an agency's hiring?

No corrections please, I give you guys all the credit in the world for that job, It's just not for me

Thanks,

Clay county

Comment

We are always hiring here in Jacksonville.
      A lot of guys think the larger a woman's breasts are, the less intelligent she is. I don't think it works like that. I think it's the opposite. I think the larger a woman's breasts are, the less intelligent men become.

Comment

Last time I checked Columbia County wasnt hiring right now.

It depends really on what sort of department you want. If you want a decent mid-sized department close by, you can try Lake City Police. Most of the areas immediately around Columbia don't have their own police departments (and if they do, they are very small), but rather the Sheriffs Offices handle most things (Suwanee, Gilchrest, Union, Baker, Hamilton, etc). Only a short 30-45 minute drive south though and you hit Gainesville/Alachua county, as well as High Springs and Alachua, both with PDs, University of Florida PD (one of the largest university PDs in the country). You have Jacksonville/Clay County to the East. Jax is always hiring it seems. Clay County and St. Johns County (St Augustine) aren't always hiring but are both good departments. I've heard Nassau has some issues, but I am not familiar enough with the Dept. to go into them.

If you go west, you have pretty much a bunch of rural, small counties that don't pay too well, until you hit Leon County/Tallahassee.

You might also want to look into the Florida Department of Agriculture. They have law enforcement officers that work the Ag inspection stations and run traffic along the interstates. I think almost all of their stations are in northern florida. They have one or two over in the panhandle and I think one or two further south, but I dont know that they require you to move to another part of the state.
        Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
        Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

Comment

If you call Columbia Co. talk with Beverly Jackson. They might not have a position right this minute but they will. I left a couple of weeks ago after eight years there. It seems we were having interviews once a month. If not them then maybe Lake City pd. the guys I know there seem pretty happy. Another good agency (I think so) is Alachua county sheriff’s office. Alot of special units, training seems to be the best in the area. As mentioned before there are alot of possibilities. If you get it narrowed down shoot me an email or pm. and I will try and help you out.

gator, were do you work?
          Patrick
          Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

CCSO just got approval to add like 8 positions, and are hiring another 3 or 4 to full current positions on top of that, so now's probably a good time to apply if you want to get on with them.
            Sheriff: We just take turns being the sheriff. It's real easy. You just hang out here, eat some pie, and get drunk.
            Peter Griffin: Wait. Hold on a second. "Pie," "drunk," "the?" You got yourself a sheriff!

Comment

Originally posted by GatorPD
              CCSO just got approval to add like 8 positions, and are hiring another 3 or 4 to full current positions on top of that, so now's probably a good time to apply if you want to get on with them.
              Yeah, I talked with them earlier this week. THANKS ! Hopefully everything will work out.

Comment

Hi I am located in South Fla and find there are too many people here looking for police positions and few positions. It is any better in Northern fla. I have a friend in Jacksonville PD, his name is B.Healy. Maybe you know him? I am processing with Metro Dade PD, but think of relocating to central or northern fla. I thought your reply to the breast size was funny. Please reply back. Be Safe Professionally Hammer 503 This message is for srj.
                Last edited by Hammer503; 09-17-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Hey gator was wondering if you need to be certified? or do they hire and put you through the academy.Please let me know Thank you
                  Hammer.
                  Last edited by Hammer503; 09-17-2006, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer503
                    Hey gator was wondering if you need to be certified? or do they hire and put you through the academy.Please let me know Thank you
                    Hammer.
                    I know CCSO and LCPD require a Florida Law Enforcement Cert.

Comment

For Florida police vacancies by region try:

http://www.fpca.com/fpcajobsregionallists.htm
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

JSO is always hiring. Due to our skyrocketing murder rate, the city has approved the hiring of 200 officers for the upcoming budget year. The snag is that you need a 4 year degree or 4 yrs police experience coupled with an AA degree. If you don't qualify, there are three beach agencies that pay compariable with JSO and they don't have the college requirement. I worked at one of them for four years and loved every minute of it. I got caught up in thinking that the extra pay for working in the 'big city' was worth leaving an agency that took care of its own. I enjoy where I'm at, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Anyway, the cost of living is affordable up here compared to other areas. You can log onto www.coj.net and submit a tracking card, if your interested working for Jacksonville.

Comment

Looking for advice on everything

I am soon retiring after a 20 year Police career in Washington state. I am interested in applying for another job in Law Enforcement and living in the North or Central Florida area. I would like to hear from anyone about departments, real estate, retirement programs, certifications or just any advice on getting started in the sunshine state. Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5723 users online. 359 members and 5364 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X