300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Police Departments

I was wondering about some of the Police Departments in Florida. I am considering a move to either So. Cal, Arizona, or Florida and I am curious about some of the departments (i.e. Miami-Dade, Key west, Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, Orlando) If anyone has anything they can share on this I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone could make a recommendation about a department, that would help as well. Thanks!
    "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
    "Stinks like sex in here."

Nothing wrong with the dept. but i hope you don't mind those storms that everyone runs from. Seriously its not to bad but if i may why only the interest in south fl?
    Patrick
    Excuses only please the one telling them!

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

about South FL

Carl Hiaasen novels told me everything I would ever want to know about South Florida.......J/K

Comment

i agree about ASO. for a small town area ASO has a pretty good rep and alot of opportunities available. the most complaints i hear about are some very liberal judges/state atty. things we get convictions over, in just the next county over, seems not to even be prosecuted.
        Patrick

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.

Comment

I'm interested in South Florida because of the climate, the area and the people. I'm looking to relocate and start something for myself. I'm single so moving isn't that hard, it's just finding a place to go. I'm not real big on the Miami-Dade area, but I understand about the cost of living. here in Minnesota it's pretty moderate depending on the area you are living in. Middle income is fine for the outter suburbs but not the best for downtown living. I have been researching areas for a couple of months now, I'm just trying to get some opinions on departments, areas and the in's and out's. But, I would like to do something in a warmer climate. Trust me, i'm not to worried about the storms. Being from Minnesota and going through about 6-7 months of snow storms and being so cold to the point it hurts to go outside, i figured a warmer climate might just be what I need. I'm also curious about the Computer Voice Stress test that the agencies have. is that supposed to be like a polygraph done over the phone or something?

Comment

Computer Voice Stress test
            not much help on the departments but on the test, its done in person much like the poly. but the voice test picks up on different tones (stress) in your speaking. think of it as a newer version of the poly. i have heard mixed reviews just like the poly.
            Patrick

Comment

The departments you mentioned are located all over FL. Central, South, East, West. You need to first decide where you want to go. Then you need to research the departments and see where YOU think YOU will have the most potential.
              In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I would look at Ft. Myers, they are usually hiring. Seems like a good agency but very busy, and really run down. I didn;t see any nice parts of the city.
                If that does not bother you then I would apply.

Comment

I'm looking for an area and trying to decide which would be the best place to go. And when I say Southern Florida, I mean all of Florida. Remember, I'm from Minnesota.... damn near everything is southern to me. sorry for the confusion. I liked the Fort Myers area, but I know what you are saying. I don't plan on living in the same city I work in. Seems to me that you would be asking for trouble. But, I will continue with the research and ask questions when i got them. Thanks again.

Comment

You may want to try to go to some of the agencey web sites and that should give some infoe. Some of the web sites, you can down load the application, complete it and mail it in.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4600 users online. 231 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X