300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have to say is...BEAUTIFUL!
    I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

Comment

Originally posted by five0686 View Post
      Opa-Locka, but they are not Hemi.
      I read in the Miami paper awhile back Opa-Locka didn't buy them but leased them for 5 years at over 400 bucks a month.They is no way they will last for 5 years.

The few deputies and FHP guys I spoke to really like the Crown Vic.The BSO and FHP really take care of their cars.My buddy bought a FHP car [C.V.]with over 100k miles and he says its the best car he ever had.

Comment

i was told by the people i work with that we (BSO) will not be to switch over to the chargers anymore because the back seat is to small to put people in them, compared to the crown vic. So they were going to stick with the crown vic's.
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
        Proversb 3:5

Comment

Thats funny, I noticed a "Beck" sticker on it from Palatka, Florida. Broward County bought them from a Putnam County dealership..... my neighboring County! They look nice though!
          My agency St. Johns County Sheriff's Office bought several of those for our traffic unit. We are getting away from the Crown Vics offically next year 2008. I dont know if we are getting Dodge's or Chevy's though. I have heard alot of good things about the Charger too! My 2 only concerns are the rear view sight (not major due to my current no sight from the shotgun rake in my Crown Vic.) and the rear trunk room.
          Do you have any interior photos?
          chfwighim
          Forum Member
          Last edited by chfwighim; 09-24-2007, 09:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add the final question

Comment

Originally posted by chfwighim View Post
            We are getting away from the Crown Vics offically next year 2008. I dont know if we are getting Dodge's or Chevy's though.

Chevy what?? Impalas!?
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Originally posted by justhomp View Post
              Chevy what?? Impalas!?
              Yup! Our K-9 Deputies get Tahoes though. Actually so did the Road Lt's too (Tahoe)......they look great. The Lt's have an all-black Tahoe with matching black powder coated rims.

Comment

Originally posted by chfwighim View Post
                Yup! Our K-9 Deputies get Tahoes though. Actually so did the Road Lt's too (Tahoe)......they look great. The Lt's have an all-black Tahoe with matching black powder coated rims.
                Yeah, I agree the Tahoes would look nice, but what about the Impalas? Aren't they smaller then the CVs?
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Justhomp, they are but our agency is tring to steer clear of the gas gussling CV's. I heard today that we are going to the Dodge Chargers next year. Oh well I'll be sporting a new Charger next year!

Comment

No Competition in Police Car Work

The Crown Victoria has more room for suspects and duty gear. The Chargers maybe good on gas but lack there of in suspect space expecially in the back seat. The Chargers would make good slick top unmarked speed cop cars not regular arrest work. The Crown Victoria is a more roomier but heavy car but the vehicle makes up for it in mid range to top in speed is may not be the nimble vehicle but you run the upto 135 mph and feel no feed back in the steering unlike the Chargers they feel real floaty once you get to 126 mph.

I've seen the marked Dodge Chargers they look ugly and they have serious blind spots and if are tall or even big physically fit LEO you will have truoble getting in and out of the Dodge Chargers. I've seem them over heat because of to much driving the CV's don't because they have that secondary wind like a boxer they keep going and going.

Comment

Originally posted by 954Recruit View Post
                      The Crown Victoria has more room for suspects and duty gear. The Chargers maybe good on gas but lack there of in suspect space expecially in the back seat. The Chargers would make good slick top unmarked speed cop cars not regular arrest work. The Crown Victoria is a more roomier but heavy car but the vehicle makes up for it in mid range to top in speed is may not be the nimble vehicle but you run the upto 135 mph and feel no feed back in the steering unlike the Chargers they feel real floaty once you get to 126 mph.

I've seen the marked Dodge Chargers they look ugly and they have serious blind spots and if are tall or even big physically fit LEO you will have truoble getting in and out of the Dodge Chargers. I've seem them over heat because of to much driving the CV's don't because they have that secondary wind like a boxer they keep going and going.

This makes my head hurt.

Comment

Regardless of any issues the new Chargers may or may not have...

they are darn good-looking cars.

Comment

Well

I truly hope all departments don't pick up the Chargers there not that roomy, yes they maybe a bit more powerful but officers need space some practically live out of there radio cars. And the Chargers should only be used for speed cops, SWAT and Detective work unmarked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanford&Son View Post
                            Are those aluminum wheels???
                            No, they are 18" police steel wheels with plastic covers held on by the lug nuts.

Comment

if someone (toyota, honda, fiat???, amc!!!) makes a cheaper car for police use then it will be bought also...right now guys its all about $$$$$$....

facts are:

ford has survived as a franchise on its fleet and professional vehicles
                              dodge has always offered a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN warranty on all vehicles
                              the occupant can only see the vehicle when you are outside of it
                              most people prefer a larger office if they are going to be working out of it 8-10hours a day

Comment

I don't know why these guys talked bad about the charger. I have made believers when I have the guys sit in the driver's seat and take it for a ride. The charger has MORE front space for the officer and is faster. I have not heard of a charger overheating, they give off a ton of heat but the temp never gets high. The ONLY negative about the car is the trunk size with a full spare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5144 users online. 279 members and 4865 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X