300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SW Florida CJ Academy

Has anyone here gone through or know anything about the SouthWest Florida CJ Academy? How bads the pt? How is it overall? PM me or post it here. Thanks.

Excellent group of instructors. Has one of the highest pass rates 1st time around on both CO and LEO exam. Monday through Friday schedule. Think class was from 7-4:30, that includes PT in the morning and 1 1/2 hrs for lunch.

PT is a joke. First off, FDLE does not require you to meet certain physical requirements, thus the PT has no bearing on whether you pass the academy or not (re: you can't fail out of the academy due to PT.) Most of the PT is student run with an instructor hanging out to watch possibly. They would like for you to run 1 1/2 miles in I think 15:15, 300 meter dash in 75 seconds or so, and then like 30 pushups and situps. Worse PT days are on DT day. They will run you into the ground if you are out of shape, and then do it again after lunch. Other than DT days, it all self paced. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    sigpic

Comment

what does DT stand for; as in DT day? So physical wise, the best thing to prepare is basically just be able to run two miles in liek 16 minutes; push ups and situps are no problem for me. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by njsurfer
        what does DT stand for; as in DT day? So physical wise, the best thing to prepare is basically just be able to run two miles in liek 16 minutes; push ups and situps are no problem for me. thanks!

DT = Defensive Tactics
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

SW Florida CJ Academy, which one is that one? is That the Miami Dade Police training department?

Comment

No, it's one in Ft. Myers which pretty much services the Lee/Collier/Charolette county agencies.

NJsurfer: Yeah, just focus on your running and you'll be in good shape.
            sigpic

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3986 users online. 193 members and 3793 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X