300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Process

I live in Volusia County. I have everything done for my application to the academy. I keep reading about people already being employed with various police depts. and then they go to academy. Does it vary between state, county etc. I thought you had to go thru BLE first. Thx, Clint

In the majority of Florida academies (all the ones I know of) you don't have to already be employed by an agency to get in the academy. Some places give preference to sponsored people over non-sponsored, but anyone can go to the academy... if you have the $$$, they'll accept you (an pass meet all requirements of course).

For example, I put myself through the academy last year and finished in Feb. '05 and I just got hired by an agency. Some departments like the fact that you put yourself through the academy, it saves them money and shows you have initiative. But if you can get yourself hired before the academy do that, it'd be nice to make money while in the academy and to be guaranteed (if you pass) a job when you graduate.

Good luck

Comment

It varies from agency to agency. Some will sponsor you thru the academy, meaning they hire you and pay you to go to school, others will not and they require that you have completed the academy and passed the state exam/

Comment

Thanks for the info. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by wannabele
          Thanks for the info. Clint
          Ineed to change my avatar

Comment

Another thing to remember, is that tomm. is OCT 1. Which means for most Gov't agencies in FL that it is "NEW YEAR" time and new budget's. So.. Good luck to the job hunters, BE SAFE to the Vet's... and..HAPPY NEW YEAR.
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Wannabe,

There are many opportunities in Florida and some heavy recruiting going on.

Some excellent FL police job resources are

Florida Police and Law enforcement
              Florida Department of Law Enforcement
              Florida Police Chief's Association

Anyway, good luck.
              In war, resolution; in defeat, defiance; in victory, magnanimity.
              -Winston Churchill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4325 users online. 221 members and 4104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X