300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Probation Officers...

Hello everyone. I'm at FAU working on my Bachelors degree in Psychology. I'm thinking about becoming a CPO while I attend school part time and continue working towards my doctorate....anyhow, my question is - what exactly are the steps needed to take?

Tell me if I got this correct -

1 - get the Bachelors
    2 - apply for a job as a CPO from floridafirst.com from myflorida.com
    3 - this agency then sends me to BCC or MDCC or somewhere else to do the training program
    4 - get fully hired by this organization after completion

Does this sound about right? I researched a LOT and it seems like this is what I am reading. My only prob is when I was looking for the job to apply for prior to doing the training program, I only found positions for "Juvenile CPO" I wanted to deal with adults. Is the job market really in the area of juveniles? Maybe I should go in that direction instead....

Is there any advice you can offer so I can get the process started as early as possible and not waste any time at all.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Seminole County is hiring for PO's right now.

http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/

Click on the jobs icon to the right.
    "I yam what I yam, and that's what I yam."
    -Popeye

Comment

does the process I have outlined above sound right?

Comment

Sorry Bro, I'm not a CPO. I couldn't tell you about the process, I've posted for an internal transfer and the process isn't that complex....for us and I'm not familar with what new personnel would have to go through.
        "I yam what I yam, and that's what I yam."
        -Popeye

Comment

Go to MyFlorida.Com. Click on the region you wish to work in. the web site is self explanitory.

I know recently, there has been a lot of hiring. Not long ago, the department downsized thru budget cuts, and a lot of senior supervisors are in drop program and are at retirement time, so hiring seems to be going good.

Requirements are a Bachelors Degree, in anything. Once hired, they send you to Talahassee for training -about 460 -+ hours total. If you are still in school, see if you can do a few semesters as an intern. You can get some great experience there, and perhaps a foot in the door. I interned for my last year of school.

Best of luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4309 users online. 294 members and 4015 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X