300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palm Beach

Palm Beach PD..anyone? I posted this before but got no response.

Town of Palm Beach, Florida Police Department. Not PBSO.

Anyone doing the recruitment days Wed/Thurs?

Anyone have any insight about the hiring process?

About the agency itself?

I met a guy that interviewed with them and did not get the gig. He was in his 40's, so they may be looking for young bloods.

Comment

Originally posted by surfguy
      I met a guy that interviewed with them and did not get the gig. He was in his 40's, so they may be looking for young bloods.
      hopefully. I'm 28, in great shape, have a bachelors degree and life/work experience. personally I think I make a great candidate but you never know. I heard from an uncle that unless you know someone over there that I'm just wasting my time. well see.

Comment

I remember I was watching City Confidential on A&E and they had nothing but bad things to say about the PBPD.
        "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

Comment

Originally posted by CLB2112
          I remember I was watching City Confidential on A&E and they had nothing but bad things to say about the PBPD.

Regarding what?

Comment

I have heard that too, but I also heard that many guys/gals want to be on the island b/c it is easy work. The locals give you gifts during the holidays, etc. Alot of benefits, but most likely not much action, maybe the occasional oldtimer running a stop sign. And plus starting pay $43,503 not to bad.

Comment

just got back. we had the swim this morning followed by the agility.
              All 18 of us passed both of these parts, a few had to redo some of the swim parts, which I think is ridiculous. Why have it as a phase of testing for a competative position and then allow people to reattemt parts they fail?

Anyway, they then scheduled everyone for interviews. I was 1 of 6 to pass the interview today. Now I hurry up and wait.

There today was about 8 officers, including 1 supervisor and 2 special operations guys (who ran the agility). The other guys all hung out and were bull****ting. Obviously non of them had anything bad to say about the dept. When I asked about the tour schedule and if it is likely to change, I got some strange looks and then a no. (they work 5-2, 8 hour shifts) Although the special ops kid said if you get into a unit, you get better hours.

There were a few guys (other applicants) that are on in other depts. and all said they were only looking to transfer to PB. If they don't get it they were staying where they are. That being said I take it as PB is a desirable place to work, but these were also older guys with 13+ years on and family guys.

On another note in my favor, one of the other guys who passed today, got a call from his bi in boca raton offering him the job. So that is 1 out of the running and there is also a guy currently in the academy who may get hired elsewhere. We'll see........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6303 users online. 332 members and 5971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X