300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fl LEO Privacy Act?

Been a cop in the military for the past 9 1/2 years, so really haven't had to put too much thought into protecting my personnel info from getting into the wrong hands. Will be starting up with a SO in S. Florida next week and I'm about to sign a lease for a house, get bank account, FL DL, vec reg, etc... All the stuff that goes along with starting up in a new place. My obvious concerns now are to ensure I protect myself and my family to the greatest extent possible. I already have a PO Box and intend to use that as my "address" to the greatest extent possible. Are there any laws or anything out there which mandate that a business must accept a PO as a suitable address for a LEO? Or you pretty much stuck giving your physical address to companies which won't accept a PO? I've seen that most banks and the DMV want physical addresses, are their any ways around this?

Any other tips or suggestions? If there is some type of legislation protecting my privacy, does it also carry over to my wife and daughter? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Airforcop; 08-23-2005, 10:49 PM.
    sigpic

I am not sure of the statute, but there is a law madating this. I have a PO box address that I use for everything. If someplace WILL NOT accept a PO box under any circumstances, I give them my department address. Also, you can go to the property appraiser and have your name taken off of the roster since that is all public record. You can use any alias of your choosing, or you can leave you name and have your address restricted. When it comes to the DMV, just fax a letter on department letterhead to Tally, and all of your info will be blocked. PM me if you want more info. What SO?
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Just use the agency address...they will send anything your concerned about to your district mailbox. You can put the agency address on your DL too if you want.,, alot of guys do that.

I use my own address but ive sent a form into the state regulating the use of my information being an LEO. They should give you this form when you have your orientation.

Comment

Utah, what SO you with?
        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Originally posted by Utah
          Just use the agency address...they will send anything your concerned about to your district mailbox. You can put the agency address on your DL too if you want.,, alot of guys do that.

I use my own address but ive sent a form into the state regulating the use of my information being an LEO. They should give you this form when you have your orientation.
          Thanks for the info, guess I'll find out more info on Tuesday.
          sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5865 users online. 302 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X