Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fhp

Hey guys/gals,
    I noticed the FHP is accepting out of state certified officers for an equivalency academy. Anybody in the know about them? Looking for any info/insight pertaining to the academy, training, job, moral, equipment, etc..
    Thanks
    surly?? screw you....

I think FHP has a abbreviated academy for already certified LEOs. Go here http://www.fhp.state.fl.us/academy/ if you haven't already. I know it is a live in academy, not sure if you live there if you're certified already. I'm sure someone else here knows more about this. Good luck.
    Last edited by smalls545; 08-17-2005, 11:34 PM.

Comment

FHP has no step raises AT ALL. Do a search on here for FHP and you will say a lot of info.
      In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce
        Hey guys/gals,
        I noticed the FHP is accepting out of state certified officers for an equivalency academy. Anybody in the know about them? Looking for any info/insight pertaining to the academy, training, job, moral, equipment, etc..
        Thanks

No matter what they say, you still have to complete their live on academy. I think it is like 26 weeks.

Comment

I went thru their process about 2 yrs. ago.. I too am out of state. they have an abbreviated academy, at the time was about 3 months long.

I got alot of the info from talking to troopers in the recruitment office.

They can explain everything to you.

Good Luck!!!

p.s.... I withdrew from the process because of their salary!!
          ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Kinda low salary, but they give you excellent training and great benefits. It is a popular thing to become a trooper for a few years then transfer to an extremely high paying PD like Tampa or Ft Laud. When I get out of college, Ill apply to a lot of police agencies, and FHP will be my backup because im almost guaranteed to get in (im currentrly training in the FHP aux.)
            "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

Comment

actually for ceritfied its only an 8 week academy and the first 2 weeks your required to stay after that you can commute and if you do stay you are allowed to leave on weekends
              I've got friends in low places

Comment

Thanks for the info guys and gals. I can't believe the pay situation, and only getting paid once a month to boot. No wonder they have such a high turn over rate.
                Stay safe people..
                surly?? screw you....

Comment

There is also a pay differential (5k) for some of the larger counties (PB, Dade, Broward). Cross over is 12 weeks from what I hear. I know a few troopers; most like the job. I know two troopers who left FHP for UFPD, but they were stationed in Orange County; which apparently is notorious for being understaffed and too busy. One of my closest friends just left my current dept for FHP. He was (and will continue to be) a traffic FIEND. He'll make an excellent trooper
                  press hard-5 copies

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5256 users online. 320 members and 4936 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X