300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to South Florida

Found out last week my wife is taking a job in Coral Springs,FL. Found this site while looking for a job.

Can anyone give me some insight on jobs in Broward County. I am certified for six years in Orange County currently vice detective.

I was looking to transfer to SO but have been hearing of alot of issues. I am also looking at Fort Lauderdale Police and Margate.

Also I was looking at housing in North Lauderdale and Tamarac.

Are these good cities?

Thanks to anyone who could help.

If you want an SO, I would go with Palm Beach Sheriffs Office. BSO is having issues. There are several smaller agencies in Palm Beach County also, I would think that you would have very little problem getting hired.
    Ft. Lauderdale is a good agency as well.

Comment

Originally posted by stratagem
      Found out last week my wife is taking a job in Coral Springs,FL. Found this site while looking for a job.

Can anyone give me some insight on jobs in Broward County. I am certified for six years in Orange County currently vice detective.

I was looking to transfer to SO but have been hearing of alot of issues. I am also looking at Fort Lauderdale Police and Margate.

Also I was looking at housing in North Lauderdale and Tamarac.

Are these good cities?

Thanks to anyone who could help.
      tamarac is a good place to live
      north lauderdale is the ghetto now-a-days
      state retirement...margate and s.o.
      ft lauderdale is good agency, may take ya a while to get on
      due to placement on their civil serice list....
      pricey here thats fer sure..and gettin crowded too
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Moving

Thanks for the response. My wife is planning on accepting a job down in Coral Springs (Medical Field) hopefully this will be a decision that will lead to more money.

The price of housing down in some cities (most) is out of my price range.

I filled out an on-line application with SO (Broward) and hopefully will hear something.

I will also look into Plam Beeach.

FLCOP, thanks for the info on North Lauderdale. Most likely saved a lot of my time looking.

Where do you work?

Comment

PBSO is the way to go if you want to go SO. Coral Springs is known to be decent as well, and their pay is great. I used to work for Margate and can provide you with some info from there if you would like... just PM me.
          In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Housing down here may be an issue. The prices are getting pretty crazy. Coral Springs PD is very well paid - but I am pretty sure they require a 4 yr degree. BSO does have some issues - some good some bad. Palm Beach county is really growing and will be hiring a bunch over the next few years. There are also several agencies within Palm Beach that are not bad.

Since you already have time in the state retirement, go for Palm Beach. Housing is a little cheaper, and is an easy commute for your wife into Coral Springs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6009 users online. 315 members and 5694 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X