300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im curious of opinions of the following agencies-

Just what there reputation / your opinon on them would be fine. Ill be looking to be employed in ONE of them when I get out of college.

-Orlando PD (or any of the smaller towns around orlando)
    -Orange County SO
    -Tampa PD
    -Hills county SO
    -Ft lauderdale PD
    -FHP
    -West Palm PD
    -Palm Beach SO
    "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

Which agencies and what counties?
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0

Which agencies and what counties?
      Probably Sanford, Winter Park, Maitland, Altamonte and the seminole/orange SO.

Comment

Originally posted by CLB2112
        Just what there reputation / your opinon on them would be fine. Ill be looking to be employed in ONE of them when I get out of college.

-Orange County SO
        -Tampa PD
        -Hills county SO
        -Ft lauderdale PD
        -FHP
        -West Palm PD
        -Palm Beach SO

HCSO is a great agency but I can't give an un bias opinion of them since i work there. TPD is another great agency. I think FHP has some great cops but under staffed. I'm not sure on the other ones.

Comment

Palm Beach Sheriff - Excellent agency
          West Palm Beach PD - Excellent agency

Don't know about the others, I live in Palm Beach County so I can only tell you about those.

Comment

Sanford is a crap town. Department runs call to call.

Winter Park. Great department. IMO best in Orange county, 3rd in pay.

Maitland. Good department (do a search of the old threads or member Mait128) borders Eatonville so they do generally assist them. Do alot off traffic of I-4.

Altamonte. Good mix. They generate alot of calls because of 436 running through it and the many shopping centers it has.

Seminole SO, good agency but losing alot of jurisdiction to city agencies because of annexation.

Orange SO.. Eh.. So-so in my book. They have the rule of 4 (4yr degree, 4 yrs military or 4 yrs as a cop).

All the agencies require you to have your FL certification with the exception of OCSO which will send you if your not certified.

Comment

Originally posted by hapc
              Palm Beach Sheriff - Excellent agency
              West Palm Beach PD - Excellent agency

Don't know about the others, I live in Palm Beach County so I can only tell you about those.
              I agree. I'm also in Palm Beach County and have heard lots of good things about both agencies. More so W.P.B.D. than the Sheriffs office I think. Either way, they're both well established agencies.
              sigpic

Comment

Sanford...good if you want lots of experience with the ghetto life
                Winter Park....good if you want a bedroom community, old people, and college kids.
                Maitland....Speed trap, they're good at 'em.
                Altamonte....Same traffice as Maitland. I wouldn't hire with them except as a last resort, I'd rather go Sanford or even Oviedo. To many politics, F'heads, and egos.
                Seminole SO....good group. The Sheriff backs his people more than most places I've seen.

IMO:

Winter Springs is one of the best, along with Lake Mary.

Longwood and Altamonte are the worst.
                "I yam what I yam, and that's what I yam."
                -Popeye

Comment

Where are you a cop in seminole? I grew up in the casselberry/winter park area, and went to high school at Lake Howell.

Comment

I'm County. Currently in District 4
                    -Popeye

Comment

Which one is 4? Like what neighborhoods/areas. Im not very familiar with the geography of which district is which.

Comment

Vanatru.. Iam related to one of your members in your district. But Id never work for Oviedo over Altamonte. I guess we wont see eye to eye on that one. lol.

Comment

Which one is 4? Like what neighborhoods/areas. Im not very familiar with the geography of which district is which.
                          Winter Park
                          Oviedo
                          Chuluota areas

OF: Disagreements are ok. I'm soured on AS due to personal run-in's while working with their people (specially the motor and marine units).

Outside of the County, my only other real favorites would be Winter Springs followed by Lake Mary.
                          -Popeye

Comment

Reply:

Brevard County Sheriff's Dept. (BCSO) = Great agency
                            - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

Vanatru..Intresting what you stated about Longwood. I was going thru the process with them when I took my current job. Ive always heard decent things about them. Winter Springs, Ive heard ok things but they are not on the state retirement. Lake Mary, great department... but I dont know if I want to work with a Beary (sorry but the sheriff of OC turned me to that name).

Oviedo.. just alittle too much traffic for me.. and I used to work for a department that did tons of traffic.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2759 users online. 116 members and 2643 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X