300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSO, Hiring question

I might have to jump on the anti-BSO bandwagon soon! Looking for a little insight if anyone has any connections. I did all my processing a few months ago. They were rushing through my background of hopes of getting me in the May 18th academy and then all of a sudden they said they were told to slow down. Then they said maybe the July academy. Last thing I heard was my app. went for final review. Got a rejection letter the other day saying that they had plenty of qualified applicants etc. Anyone have any idea whats up with that?
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

ftlaudcop proabally can answer you better than I, but all I can say is that is BSO for you. A qualified applicant to them can be someone that works at Taco Bell. There is no rhyme or reason to the way they do things there.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffIL
      I might have to jump on the anti-BSO bandwagon soon! Looking for a little insight if anyone has any connections. I did all my processing a few months ago. They were rushing through my background of hopes of getting me in the May 18th academy and then all of a sudden they said they were told to slow down. Then they said maybe the July academy. Last thing I heard was my app. went for final review. Got a rejection letter the other day saying that they had plenty of qualified applicants etc. Anyone have any idea whats up with that?
      as i said in previous post's
      their hiring policy's are totally whacked for being a professional agency,
      I been on the job 22 yrs and still trying to figure out how and why they do stuff. with a new command staff in place, things may change for the better,
      but until we get rid of power trak ( comm-statt) accountibilty system.
      this will never be place to work or attract anyone to work for it.

I went to h.s. in midlothian 147 & pulaski, spent a lotta years
      in chicago's dist 8 growing up, and worked as a teen ager in dist 6
      ( the hood )....
      Last edited by ftlaudcop; 08-10-2005, 03:44 PM.
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Thanks for the help. I might call and ask whats up, though I keep hearing on here how screwed up they are. Looking for someplace warm and a decent sized agency. Thanks again.
        Jeff
        For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

I am a DC city cop, work in a specialized unit and am FL certified. Rejected by BSO because they had "concerns about my application" Who knows. This was the spot I really wanted to get.

Comment

the human resources part of the agency grew from a area the size
            of 7-11, to a grocery store size group of people.

when i was hired, you'd expect a bunch of real cop's to do
            a lotta the b.i. , and leg work......

now if ya seen the agency thru my eyes...sheesh ya gotta shake yr
            head in certain respects.

the only thing better for the employee's now as compared to 20 yrs ago
            was the jail people have better access to being cross certified, and
            and after paying their dues, can get to the road faster.

that was nick navarro's real bad point.....cronyism.....
            not that it don't exisit now...but it was like shove it down yr throat
            and actually tell you to defy his rule.
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6055 users online. 319 members and 5736 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X