300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward Sheriffs Office

What are the thoughts on BSO? I am currently a police officer in Pennsylvania and I have done some research on the sheriff's dept. and FDLE. I really enjoy the area of Fort Lauderdale and it has crossed my mind about attempting to get hired by BSO. I also looked at Palm Beach Sheriff's although the tobacco policy shoots that thought right in the foot. I'm ready for the warm life and to get out of the snow!!

I personally would stay away from BSO, but that is just me. There are a lot of better departments out there. Especially when it comes to the schedule. BSO still works 5 - 8 hour days. They are also going through some major isses with the brass right now. ftlaudcop can give you some better information as he works there, but that is just my .02. I would check out Boca, Boynton Beach, Delray, Palm Beach Gardens, and some others in Palm Beach County.
    In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

I do not know to much about BSO but when i was applying to different agencys they told me i could start within 6 weeks of dropping of my application. Thats quick for any agency down here. I did a little bit of research and found out you could be working a contracted city within Broward but for the sheriff's office. The patrol cars would be marked with the city's name. To me that sounded really political. I know every cops job is political but that just seemed to political to me. With the whole hiring thing that says they are in need of deputies badly, so it popped into my head why are people leaving so quick. There fore i stayed away. Just my own choice.

Comment

BSO for the most part provides law enforcement services for cities that contract them. They also provide law enforcement services for the unincorporated areas of the county. Political... just as much as any other department. They are going through a lot of crap right now that goes ALL THE WAY to the top. As I said, there are a lot of better departments down here. PM me if you want to know more.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

Sheriff Jenne is setting his sights on some bigger offices (IE county mayor and possibly governor) if he can get through this scandal. Recently Pompano Beach (which became the largest city to contract in 99) was looking at reforming their own department and Ive heard Cooper City may go back to having its own force after their contract is up. BSO is going through to much crap right now. Plus you can get stuck in beautiful Lauderdale Lakes
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
            Sheriff Jenne is setting his sights on some bigger offices (IE county mayor and possibly governor) if he can get through this scandal. Recently Pompano Beach (which became the largest city to contract in 99) was looking at reforming their own department and Ive heard Cooper City may go back to having its own force after their contract is up. BSO is going through to much crap right now. Plus you can get stuck in beautiful Lauderdale Lakes

Yeah my buddy works in Laud Lakes and says they work with only 3 people for a city of 50,000 scumbags. I don't think he is too happy there. Maybe he will chime in.

Comment

It will take a miracle for Jenne to get elected to another office, much less back to the office of Sheriff when this is all said and done. He is looking at being charged by the SA office himself. Besides the whole POWERTRACK scandal, he has to worry about the fact that a company he is on the board for was awarded contracts from the SO. According to the SA, there is a very strong possibility of him facing some charges. I have not personally heard anything about Pompano going to back to having their own PD or Cooper City going back (especially since they just flipped not too long ago). Pompano used to be a pretty bad *** PD, they did not take any crap. I think it all came down to $$$ for them. There are lots of places within BSO that you would not want to get stuck, that would be worse than Lauderdale Lakes, which is actually one of their high crime areas. I think you meant to refer to Lauderdale By The Sea.

Comment

it's pretty bad when you cannot advise yr own friends or
                aspiring candidates to join up.

all it took was 1 session of power trak, to see what he wanted.....

thank god..i am gonna be gone in 2008 either retired or

work another s.o....with r.r. tracks on my shoulder.

fed up, had enough !!!.....( but have a great assignment )...
                " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
                  it's pretty bad when you cannot advise yr own friends or
                  aspiring candidates to join up.

all it took was 1 session of power trak, to see what he wanted.....

thank god..i am gonna be gone in 2008 either retired or

work another s.o....with r.r. tracks on my shoulder.

fed up, had enough !!!.....( but have a great assignment )...
                  ftlaud.... what is your assignment now if you do not mind my asking?

Comment

It was in Tuesday's Sun Sentinel that Pompano's city commission is looking at reforming their police force. Cooper city is also having alot of problems alsowith dispatching and several other services the BSo provides to them.

No, I was being sarcastic when referring to Lauderdale Lakes. I know Lauderdale by the sea wont ever give up BSO and in all honesty they were one of the smallest dept's in the county.

I cant see the Broward SA going after Jenne. To much of a conflict of intrest and would most likely have to get a special prosecutor (such as in the case of Sheriff Clement of Charlotte County).

Its sad but I see lots of talented folks fleeing BSO considering they used to be one of the top departments in the state.

Comment

It was in Tuesday's Sun Sentinel that Pompano's city commission is looking at reforming their police force. Cooper city is also having alot of problems alsowith dispatching and several other services the BSo provides to them.

No, I was being sarcastic when referring to Lauderdale Lakes. I know Lauderdale by the sea wont ever give up BSO and in all honesty they were one of the smallest dept's in the county.

I cant see the Broward SA going after Jenne. To much of a conflict of intrest and would most likely have to get a special prosecutor (such as in the case of Sheriff Clement of Charlotte County).

Its sad but I see lots of talented folks fleeing BSO considering they used to be one of the top departments in the state.
                      Waht exactly did the sheriff do? I know he was never a police officer and was elected.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                        Waht exactly did the sheriff do? I know he was never a police officer and was elected.

He was the State's Attorney for Broward County back in the 90's (I believe, I was in Central Fla at the time). He was appointed as sheriff after Sheriff Cochran died and has been reelected.

As of right now he is being investigated to determine if he did work for some company while serving as sheriff and allowing them to use his name.

Comment

Pompano is not going to be reforming their PD any time soon. The city has problems now but it was an even bigger sh*thole with their PD. And Cooper City will definitely not be going back soon. They just publicly lauded BSO for doing a great job.

The grass is always going to be greener no matter where you go.
                          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6259 users online. 345 members and 5914 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X