Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidh304
    replied
    I don't know about the pay but the Pinellas County Sheriffs Officer has a very good reputation in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

Tampa PD has turned around in the last 5-10 years I've heard from being a terrible place to work to be pretty good, don't have a lot of first hand information though.

Avoid St Petersberg PD like the plague.

I would also avoid St Petersburg Beach PD too. My brother is a Firefighter there and talks to the cops. No one seems happy there and the city gives the officers a hard time over contractual issues.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    I know a few folks who live in AB (work at the Naval station Mayport). Doesnt seem like a bad area, pay is pretty reasonable and doesnt cost alot to live in that area. You might want to check out JSO also.

Leave a comment:

• APDSgt
    replied
    Can't say about Atlantic Beach.

But, you are being steered in the right direction.

Southwest Florida - Lee County, Collier County, Tampa area etc.

There are some depts in the Melbourne area (middle east coast) paying well and it is still reasonable to buy a house.

Just depends on what/ where you want.

Leave a comment:

• depdog
    replied
    look at some of the beaches on the west coast. I'm thinking Pinellas county and south. Longboat key pays well. Treasure Island, St. Pete beach are just a few.

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    started a topic Atlantic Beach

Atlantic Beach

Anyone down there know about this dept? Or perhaps a small dept (200+ ofc) who pay well with a low COLA?

TGY

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4047 users online. 292 members and 3755 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X