300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic Beach

Anyone down there know about this dept? Or perhaps a small dept (200+ ofc) who pay well with a low COLA?

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

look at some of the beaches on the west coast. I'm thinking Pinellas county and south. Longboat key pays well. Treasure Island, St. Pete beach are just a few.

Comment

Can't say about Atlantic Beach.

But, you are being steered in the right direction.

Southwest Florida - Lee County, Collier County, Tampa area etc.

There are some depts in the Melbourne area (middle east coast) paying well and it is still reasonable to buy a house.

Just depends on what/ where you want.

Comment

I know a few folks who live in AB (work at the Naval station Mayport). Doesnt seem like a bad area, pay is pretty reasonable and doesnt cost alot to live in that area. You might want to check out JSO also.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I don't know about the pay but the Pinellas County Sheriffs Officer has a very good reputation in the Tampa/St. Pete area.

Tampa PD has turned around in the last 5-10 years I've heard from being a terrible place to work to be pretty good, don't have a lot of first hand information though.

Avoid St Petersberg PD like the plague.

I would also avoid St Petersburg Beach PD too. My brother is a Firefighter there and talks to the cops. No one seems happy there and the city gives the officers a hard time over contractual issues.

Good luck!
          I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

"Why didn't you put that out on the radio?"
          "I don't know Sarge, I guess I got caught up in the moment"
          "The MOMENT is when we F--king need you!" - K-9 Sgt Myhre to unidentified Officer

In Valor there is Hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6508 users online. 340 members and 6168 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X