Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDLE State Exam

HEllO,

I have been in the night police academy since April 2014 of last year. I have forgotten everything that I learn in the begging of the police academy. I'm still using the (2014-2015) police book and I was wondering if any of you could explain to me how did you all prepare for the state exam. I have been using (MYPOLICEEXAM) to study, but the test won't come out the same way according to my professor. Do you have any advise?

Thank you an advance...

Read the books they give you. The FL LE book Volumn 1 and the High Liability volume 2. Seriously..... the test questions are WORD FOR WORD straight out of those two books.

I used www.correctionsacademystudyguides.com They have the section for the LEO state exam on their. Those were pretty right on.

Comment

MyFloridaPoliceExams.com + book is all you need. When I took my state exam two years ago I mainly studied from the MyFloridaPoliceExams.com and it greatly helped me.

Just brush up on all of the bolded terms in every chapter, take numerous practice exams, and stay confident. Be sure you get a good nights rest, and don't drink night prior to exam.

Good luck
      There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
      -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I took the test in the beginning of the year which is the new edition. And let me tell you it is nothing I repeat NOTHING like the questions that have been on your weekly tests. It's a lot of scenario based questions and defiantions. A lot of questions are out of your High Liability book. Firearms, first aid, DT and first aid. Study all those chapters front to back.

Comment

That's how I'm studying right now, but I cant figure out which part of the book to focus on the most. I heard some of the scenarios are confusing.

Comment

Did everyone pass in your class?

Comment

Originally posted by Shardy View Post
              Did everyone pass in your class?
              No state exam is really the same. There isn't one section you should study more then the other because they are randomly generated. Fortunately for you, you get to take it on a computer and get instant results. When I took it we had to do it on paper, and wait two weeks for the results.

Just be sure you study every chapter equally. After I took my state exam and spoke with friends who took it at the same time, we had different questions.
              There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.
              -Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Our test we had different questions but same questions if that makes sense. It was the same question but different names or different scenario but the answer was the same. And yes I believe everyone passed. Some people had to use all 3 chances..

Comment

I took my state last year. Read the whole book and use myflorida as well. The questions are totally different from myflorida. It's not hard...

Comment

There are 50 separate versions of the test. For example, mine had a lot to do with traffic crash investigations and DUI's with a lot questions about revolvers and shotguns. There wasn't anything on mine about Statues.. for example, nothing like "Whats 316.22FS?" Thank goodness! There really is no areas to concentrate in. Its everything. And Ive talked to people in my class who had completely different questions than I did.

Comment

I guess I will have to re-read the whole to book and do the myfloridaPoliceexam over and over until I memories everything. Thanks guys.

Comment

Just do the practice tests on myfloridapoliceexams over and over....and over...then you should be fine

Comment

I would stray away from the myfloridapoliceexam, I would focus your time on the book. That's just my two cents.

Comment

My input is this. Yes, do what you need to do to pass the test. In real life.... read the books and study them. Coming from another state, it is imperative that you learn FL laws and flush out what you have been used to. Im almost finished up with FTO and Im still giving people advice or using terms that mean nothing in FL. I went to hook a guy at a domestic for being under the influence of meth. Domestic was unfounded, but hooking him for under the inuence was a great way to solve the issue for the night. Well, guess what? That isn't illegal in FL. Child custody issues in my last state..... Parent A doesn't show up on time with the kids, Parent A goes to jail. Not the case here. Reading the books and actually studying them got me in the 90s on the exam. Not taking practice tests.

Comment

I completely understand where you coming from, the law is very complicated in Florida. I have a lot of learning to do before I take the state exam next month. I been in the police academy for almost a year, and I completely forget everything I had learn in the beginning. What city are you working for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6577 users online. 349 members and 6228 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X