300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Board

I have a oral board next month and it's the first one I've been too, any advice would be great ...

Thank you,

Your profile says you are sworn, but this is your first oral interview?

If your profile is not accurate.....

Think before you speak. Be confident and answer the questions honestly. Look the board members in the eye when you speak to them. Know about the agency you are applying for.
    Last edited by So Fla Cop; 03-17-2015, 09:13 PM.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
      Think before you speak. Be confident and answer the questions honestly. Look the board members in the eye when you speak to them. Know about the agency you are applying for.
      Thank you for the quick response, I've done a few ride a longs before hand and know a few things about the agency...

What type of questions do they typically ask?

Comment

There is no predicting what you will be asked, however, this is what most orals focus on. Think about these areas and be prepared to discuss -

• Experience – assesses your ability and experience in accepting responsibilities and performing assigned tasks as demonstrated through achievements in work, school, and other activities.

• Problem Solving – assesses your reasoning skills in developing timely, logical responses to a wide variety of situations and problems.

• Communication Skills – assesses your oral communications skills, which includes speaking, listening, and non-verbal communication.

• Interest/Motivation – addresses your interest in and preparedness for the peace officer job. It includes an assessment of your general level of interest, initiative, and goal orientation.

• Interpersonal Skills – assesses many facets, such as social knowledge/appropriateness, social insight, empathy, social influence, social self-regulation, sociability, team orientation, social self-confidence, conflict management skills, and negotiating skills.

• Community Involvement/Awareness – focuses specifically on your experiences and interest in community issues, as well as your interest in and ability to fill multiple roles and serve a diverse community.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

They will ask you why your profile on O.com says: sworn officer...

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            They will ask you why your profile on O.com says: sworn officer...
            Hey thanks for bringing that to my attention, I did not notice that.

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
              Hey thanks for bringing that to my attention, I did not notice that.
              Somebody with YOUR password had to mark it that way. I wonder who that could have been? Do you suppose it could have been the o.com pixies? The oral board may ask.

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                Somebody with YOUR password had to mark it that way. I wonder who that could have been? Do you suppose it could have been the o.com pixies? The oral board may ask.

Was that suppose to be funny or....?

Comment

No, it was bullsh*t check.

You indicated you didn't notice your profile listed you as a sworn officer. But the only person who can make your profile say you are a sworn officer is someone with your password. Who has your password other than you?

Comment

Monty.....

Comment

Also says you are employed in the law enforcement industry. Is that true, or did you not notice that too?

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
                        Was that suppose to be funny or....?
                        No, but this is....

http://forums.officer.com/t198779/
                        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post

Lmao that has to be a joke...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4855 users online. 288 members and 4567 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X