Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami Police Hiring Timeline

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miami Police Hiring Timeline

    Hey,

    Those of you that recently went through the hiring process with Miami Police, can you share some insight with us what the process is like?

    Some basic questions I have:
    - Time a correspondence was received after submitting application
    - What happens next
    - Whats the Performance Test?

    Here's what I got back in the email:

    We have received your application!


    You will receive future notifications via email as to your application status and/or the next step(s) in the selection process.

    The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review and evaluation, performance test, written test, and/or oral interview examination.


    Thanks in advance!
    WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

  • #2
    I know someone in this department and as of 3:00 today, over 800 individuals have applied. He states there should be at least 1300+ applicants by the end of the week. Don't quote me on this but he says that a "weeding out" process would take place for the next few weeks to bring the amount of applicants to at least half the total amount. Once that takes place, we should all receive letters, phone calls or emails giving us an orientation date.

    In the orientation they will explain the hiring process and what should be expected of us and they will also answer any questions we might have. The next step should be their own in-house PT test. 1.5 mile run, sit-ups/push-ups and a 300 meter run. (Link) here. Depending on your age, you are required to score a certain amount on each activity.

    From the time we applied to the time we get an orientation date varies extremely. I seen groups get an orientation date a month later and I seen some get dates over 6 months after the application date.
    Last edited by Officer_vanilla; 01-14-2015, 09:50 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Jesus Brother... Well good luck to the both of us man. We got this.

      When you say weeding out, what do you think they are looking at?

      The application seem super basic! But the application looks MUCH nicer now.
      WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

      Comment


      • #4
        I work for this department, just wanted to let you know right now is probably one of the best times to have applied. Reason being it's that within the next couple years this department will lose about 300 officers due to retirement, promotions, and lateral transfers. The City is short staffed as it is with police. As long as you have above average driving history, no criminal records, decent credit and pass medical/physical test your chances are good. If you're bilingual or female, chances are even higher. Also what Officer_vanilla mentioned above is about accurate. Remember always be punctual to everything, if you're late to anything you're pretty much DQ'd. Good Luck

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MA315 View Post
          I work for this department, just wanted to let you know right now is probably one of the best times to have applied. Reason being it's that within the next couple years this department will lose about 300 officers due to retirement, promotions, and lateral transfers. The City is short staffed as it is with police. As long as you have above average driving history, no criminal records, decent credit and pass medical/physical test your chances are good. If you're bilingual or female, chances are even higher. Also what Officer_vanilla mentioned above is about accurate. Remember always be punctual to everything, if you're late to anything you're pretty much DQ'd. Good Luck

          Thanks for the information. I've been pacing myself for the physical portion right now.
          If I may, can I ask you two follow up questions brother?
          - What's considered Decent Credit? I've had some **** credit, but currently in the repair process. I've bumped my scores up pretty good from a extremely low range.
          - I have multiple tickets, all of them were adjudication withheld from court. They range some red light tickets to etc. ONE speeding ticket, dropped by court but paid a court fee.

          Your insight if definitely a sigh of relief and I thank you in advance.
          WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WadsonF View Post
            Thanks for the information. I've been pacing myself for the physical portion right now.
            If I may, can I ask you two follow up questions brother?
            - What's considered Decent Credit? I've had some **** credit, but currently in the repair process. I've bumped my scores up pretty good from a extremely low range.
            - I have multiple tickets, all of them were adjudication withheld from court. They range some red light tickets to etc. ONE speeding ticket, dropped by court but paid a court fee.

            Your insight if definitely a sigh of relief and I thank you in advance.
            Any debt in collections or higher than $5k in credit card debt is usually not good, unless you're paying on time. Mortgage and Car Payments are fine.

            Moving violations within 5 years will hurt you, 1-2 is ok, more than that makes you seem irresponsible. This is all dependant on your background investigator if exceptions will be made.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MA315 View Post
              Any debt in collections or higher than $5k in credit card debt is usually not good, unless you're paying on time. Mortgage and Car Payments are fine.

              Moving violations within 5 years will hurt you, 1-2 is ok, more than that makes you seem irresponsible. This is all dependant on your background investigator if exceptions will be made.

              Understood. Thank you.
              WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

              Comment


              • #8
                Any other non-certified applied?
                WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sonicwhip
                  I applied non certified. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back? I have no criminal record and bi-lingual in English and Spanish. Should I start getting into shape now or wait to see if I actually get a shot with the agency?
                  As stated previously. It's going to take some time. There's sbout 1500 applications.

                  You should be getting into shape anyway. I'm 240lbs down from 315.

                  I'm a software engineer that's also TRI Lingual. Stay competitive brother. The basic abilities test is a walk in the park compared to what's going to happen in the academy.
                  WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've applied as well but no word as of yet. I would recommend running, doing push ups and sit ups from now regardless of how long it may take. There's a couple apps that has helped me such as 200 sit ups, push up pro and couch to 5k; best of luck to everyone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i also applied and am anxiously waiting for some kind of response.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Not to be the bearer of bad news but it can take up to a year for them to schedcule you for their pat test. It is a very long process and you should be looking elsewhere and applying in the mean time. Not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. To be realistic only 10% of people from each pat/orientation test gets into the agency. So in every orientation of about say 40-50 people 1-2 will get in. My numbers could be off but if you make it to an orientation they will express the same thing. In the whole room 1-2 will get in. Also, the next step is the psycological evaluation in which 70% of people drop off. Those are the statistics. Keep trying and dont give up and stay positive but apply to multiple agencies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's depressing.
                          WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JuniorCop13 View Post
                            Not to be the bearer of bad news but it can take up to a year for them to schedcule you for their pat test. It is a very long process and you should be looking elsewhere and applying in the mean time. Not a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket. To be realistic only 10% of people from each pat/orientation test gets into the agency. So in every orientation of about say 40-50 people 1-2 will get in. My numbers could be off but if you make it to an orientation they will express the same thing. In the whole room 1-2 will get in. Also, the next step is the psycological evaluation in which 70% of people drop off. Those are the statistics. Keep trying and dont give up and stay positive but apply to multiple agencies.
                            Yea my backup plan is the Florida Highway Patrol or pay for an academy myself.
                            Last edited by altaccount1992; 01-29-2015, 09:27 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If you are not in shape the pat test will be hard for you. You get 3 chances to pass it. Your have to run 1.25 mile run, 25 pushups, 30 something situps, and a 300 meter sprint. When i went there were alot of failures due to being out of shape. So get to work. Go to their website and see the short video on what they expect from you on the pat test.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5663 users online. 322 members and 5341 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X