Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What departments are hiring at the moment?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What departments are hiring at the moment?

I usually use governmentjobs.com to search for job openings but sometimes certain departments don't use NeoGoV to post openings. Only departments I know that are currently hiring in Miami Dade are Miami Gardens and City Of Miami. But I am open to areas from Miami Dade to Orange County and East to West of that.

Thanks!

You would be currently applying as a certified? Miami Gardens is probably your best bet. Worse case scenario, become a trooper, do your two years and then transfer the hell out.

Comment

You can also try usajobs.gov for fed LE jobs. Border Patrol just opened not too long ago. Good luck.

Comment

sgrjobs.com
        discoverpolicing.com
        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by venthago View Post
          I usually use governmentjobs.com to search for job openings but sometimes certain departments don't use NeoGoV to post openings. Only departments I know that are currently hiring in Miami Dade are Miami Gardens and City Of Miami. But I am open to areas from Miami Dade to Orange County and East to West of that.

Thanks!
          http://www.911hotjobs.com

Comment

Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
            You can also try usajobs.gov for fed LE jobs. Border Patrol just opened not too long ago. Good luck.
            If you like living on the southern border with .01% chance of transferring back to normal life.

Comment

Some of those websites are not usually up to date with the dates of hire for certain departments, your best bet is to check each department that you are interested in, don't be lazy, if you are really interested do your research.

Comment

Thanks!
                PBSO and WPBPD are hiring...if you're certified.
                VIRES VIRTUS MORES

Comment

What about St. Petersburg? I see on their website they are accepting applications. I can't seem to find much on the forum about the department or a hiring timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy822 View Post
                    What about St. Petersburg? I see on their website they are accepting applications. I can't seem to find much on the forum about the department or a hiring timeline.
                    It shouldnt matter on the timeline; apply and submit your packet cause its all a waiting game anyway. I've had a few departments get me processed in a few months and some others up to a year like FHP.

If you like an agency or have an idea where you want to work then simply apply regardless what other think of the agency or the area. Asking people their opinions on things like "whats the dept like" or "how is morale" is like saying "you like oranges so I guess I like them too"....they are simply opinions that should never waiver your decision and are based on some individuals experiences or even simply hearsay.
                    Last edited by 31BLaxer; 01-31-2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

The reason the timeline does in fact matter to me is because I am trying to make a smooth transition from the military into a career in law enforcement. So if the timeline on average is 6 month I would send in my application 6 months from my separation date.

Im currently stationed in West Texas and can only afford to make only so many trips to FL to go through a hiring process with a department. I am simply asking people's opinion to add to my own research to help maximize the information I can gather on departments I am interested In. This will help me narrow down my where to apply to so I end up in a department where I can enjoy a long and fulfilling career.

Comment

Charlotte County, Collier, Lee are all hiring. You'll need to be a lateral or already finished with the academy though.

Comment

Originally posted by South969 View Post
                          PBSO and WPBPD are hiring...if you're certified.
                          Boca Raton PD (also in Palm Beach County as the two above are) is also hiring both certified and non-certified. Approximately 10 or 11 openings right now due to several retirements lately. Good luck to all.

Comment

Thanks!

Tampa is hiring

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy822 View Post
                              Usually 6 months from each hiring board. We just had one recently I believe, just drop off your application to the training building and hope for the best. For further information on the department send me a PM.

Also, Tampa PD, Hillsborough SO and Pinellas SO are hiring in the Tampa Bay Area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4614 users online. 281 members and 4333 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X