300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Dade Police hiring?

Does anyone have any information when the MDPD will be accepting applications again? Also does anyone know of the budget future for this agency? It seems like they are on an indefinite freeze is it a problem with the agency itself or the way the Miami Dade County budget is being handled by mayor Carlos Gimenez?
    I think they would save a lot of money if they just cut the basic recruit class and switched to hiring only certified on a continuous basis and only giving agency specific breakout training like the Broward Sheriffs Office.
    Last edited by altaccount1992; 01-05-2015, 08:48 PM.

Have you thought about going anywhere else?

Comment

Don't worry, they won't hire you.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
        Have you thought about going anywhere else?
        Currently just focusing on an Associate degree, graduated high school a while back and majoring in Criminal Justice Administration. Thinking about trying to join the Army soon when I complete the A.A degree or may try the Florida Highway Patrol.

I'm mostly asking because the county has a severe shortage of officers and a worsening crime rate, there is an increased amount of gang related shootings where innocent people have been caught in the crossfire and the police response time is getting longer. A child was recently shot and killed by gang members. I am hoping the financial situation stabilizes and things get better for this agency soon. The mayor may be planning to layoff 200+ police officers soon as part of his "fiscal responsibility" and I'm hoping this can be avoided.
        Last edited by altaccount1992; 01-07-2015, 09:24 PM.

Comment

There are so many more agencies hiring in Central Florida.
          September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
            There are so many more agencies hiring in Central Florida.
            It seems like anywhere in Florida outside of Miami Dade County has a much better economy. I wonder what is wrong with this place.

Comment

I
              Originally posted by altaccount1992 View Post
              It seems like anywhere in Florida outside of Miami Dade County has a much better economy. I wonder what is wrong with this place.
              You've obviously never been there before. Lol

Comment

They ran out of money buying HUMVEES...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                  They ran out of money buying HUMVEES...
                  The mayor cut the swat team in half as well as gang,narcotics detectives and moved them to regular patrol in order to save for attrition while at the same time giving raises and bonuses to his millionaire friends and family. The federal government wanted to give some free armored vehicles but I read on an online article the county rejected the offer for some reason.
                  Last edited by altaccount1992; 01-08-2015, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Think they might be putting a lateral class through pretty soon.

Comment

Cuban Mafia corruption. Worse than NYC AND Chicago.
                      September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                        Cuban Mafia corruption. Worse than NYC AND Chicago.
                        There was a movement to recall Gimenez but it sort of died down.

Comment

They're going to be opening up for non-certified and certified this month. Keep a look out.

Comment

Originally posted by AAE85 View Post
                            They're going to be opening up for non-certified and certified this month. Keep a look out.
                            I second this. I was told by MDPD recruiters at a Veteran job fair yesterday.

Comment

Why would there be another opening for applications, if they already got 2000+ the first round. Do they want a database of 10,000 ?
                              WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7062 users online. 360 members and 6702 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X