300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belt Violation

Is this considered a non-moving violation in the state of Florida? Also, when your agency is using a matrix to determine if you've had X amount of tickets in the last X amount of years, do they use the date of issuance or the date of disposition?

Non moving and I'm pretty sure, don't quote me on this but the date of issue.

Comment

Hey JediWarrior, I don't mean to second guess you, but are you absolutely positive on that? I ask because I asked a friend of mine in law enforcement and he said moving for driver, non-moving for passenger. I'm just trying to confirm whether or not to list it on my background packet, because it says only list moving or criminal violations. Any other Florida LEOs know?

Comment

Just list it.

Comment

Originally posted by jtay View Post
          Just list it.
          I'm going to. Actually just found this: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/.../0316.614.html

Looks like Jedi was right, my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by NoFlo Boy View Post
            Hey JediWarrior, I don't mean to second guess you, but are you absolutely positive on that? I ask because I asked a friend of mine in law enforcement and he said moving for driver, non-moving for passenger. I'm just trying to confirm whether or not to list it on my background packet, because it says only list moving or criminal violations. Any other Florida LEOs know?

Positive. A moving violation is anything that can cause a accident etc: speeding a non moving is some that can't etc headlamp or in your case a seat belt

Comment

Originally posted by jtay View Post
              Just list it.
              This is correct. If you don't list it, you will be DQ'ed. List it and see where you end up. You might be stressing over nothing.
              Last edited by So Fla Cop; 01-05-2015, 08:28 PM.
              September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
                This is correct. If you don't list it, you will be DQ'ed. List it and see where you end up. You might be stressing over nothing.

Why would he list it? In a recent post from him he says it only tells him to list moving and criminal. If he lists a non moving then it will show that he cannot follow simple directions.

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
                  Why would he list it? In a recent post from him he says it only tells him to list moving and criminal. If he lists a non moving then it will show that he cannot follow simple directions.
                  I'm meeting with my BI tomorrow to turn in my packet. I think I'm not gonna list it since it says not to, but I will confirm with him that a seat belt violation should NOT be included on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by NoFlo Boy View Post
                    I'm meeting with my BI tomorrow to turn in my packet. I think I'm not gonna list it since it says not to, but I will confirm with him that a seat belt violation should NOT be included on that list.
                    Where are you applying?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5779 users online. 316 members and 5463 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X