300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasco county sheriff

Anybody have any insight on this department? What their shift is? Morale? Take home? Anything on this department will help..

Thank you

I live and worked in the county just south of Pasco but don't hear too much bad about Pasco. I believe they are hiring and have a young sheriff with new ideas.

I think they all have take home cars as most agencies in Florida do. They were somewhat underpaid a while back but I think they have resolved that. You would really need to talk with them if no one who actually works there responds.

I wouldn't hesitate to put in a application there if you are job hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by usetobe View Post
      I live and worked in the county just south of Pasco but don't hear too much bad about Pasco. I believe they are hiring and have a young sheriff with new ideas.

I think they all have take home cars as most agencies in Florida do. They were somewhat underpaid a while back but I think they have resolved that. You would really need to talk with them if no one who actually works there responds.

I wouldn't hesitate to put in a application there if you are job hunting.

Thanks for the reply.

I am job hunting currently, I applied a few nights ago online for the pre app. I currently live in Palm beach county and live a few hours away so I am gonna give a recruiter a call.

Where do you work, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

I retired from the Hillsborough County SO. I believe around here both the Pasco and Pinellas County Sheriffs Offices are hiring. Hillsborough SO is also hiring but have a very high qualification requirement and are too picky. I would suggest the other two if you want to come this way. Pinellas County is a very good place work and can put you through the hiring process quickly.

Comment

What about out of state applicants?!

Comment

I work for Pasco SO. I love working for the department, but some are leaving for higher pay. Shifts are either 5-5 or 6-6 and take home after FTO.

You can pm me with any more questions.
            Last edited by dme; 12-29-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
              What about out of state applicants?!
              What about it?

Comment

Originally posted by dme View Post
                I work for Pasco SO. I love working for the department, but some are leaving for higher pay. Shifts are either 5-5 or 6-6 and take home after FTO.

You can pm me with any more questions.

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
                  What about it?
                  How does it work for out of state applicants to apply?!

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                    How does it work for out of state applicants to apply?!
                    You have to take a equivlency training which is a few weeks I don't know how long it is. You learn florida laws and take the state exam and once you pass... Boom you're florida certified.

Comment

My life long friend is a Pasco Deputy and has been one for about 10 years. He really likes the department and more importantly, family life in the area. He's been part of a few specialty units and really likes the Sheriff. He's even participated in a few community out-reach events with the Sheriff so I'd say he knows him pretty well. He likes the department so much that he was really encouraging me to apply in their most recent announcement where they were sponsoring. He told me there is lots of opportunity for advancement for individuals that are "squared away" as well as specialty units. The only reason why I differed was because I am federal and have been involved with a different type of policing and kinda want to stay with what I know and enjoy. Keep in mind they have a strange tobacco policy that I've never seen before. You must be nicotine free for at least 6 months prior to applying. What makes this strange to me is that one would be screwed if they smoke even an occasional cigar not to mention those who dip, chew or use those eCigs. Anyway, from what I know through others, I'd say it's a good place to work. This Deputy is like a brother to me and wouldn't do me wrong. Good luck job searching.

Comment

Originally posted by CZ_Kid View Post
                        My life long friend is a Pasco Deputy and has been one for about 10 years. He really likes the department and more importantly, family life in the area. He's been part of a few specialty units and really likes the Sheriff. He's even participated in a few community out-reach events with the Sheriff so I'd say he knows him pretty well. He likes the department so much that he was really encouraging me to apply in their most recent announcement where they were sponsoring. He told me there is lots of opportunity for advancement for individuals that are "squared away" as well as specialty units. The only reason why I differed was because I am federal and have been involved with a different type of policing and kinda want to stay with what I know and enjoy. Keep in mind they have a strange tobacco policy that I've never seen before. You must be nicotine free for at least 6 months prior to applying. What makes this strange to me is that one would be screwed if they smoke even an occasional cigar not to mention those who dip, chew or use those eCigs. Anyway, from what I know through others, I'd say it's a good place to work. This Deputy is like a brother to me and wouldn't do me wrong. Good luck job searching.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I spoke with HR and they did not choose me for further processing due to not being certified yet, I still have two more months left of the academy.

Comment

Some agencies will process you even if you are still in the academy. Ask around. Reapply to Pasco in two months. Personally I would go to Pinellas SO. They pay better and are also hiring. They also have a bunch of small cities with there own PD's. The SO just does the county in between the cities. They are also hiring courthouse deputies which are LE deputies.(Dayshift in the air conditioning with most holidays off.)

Comment

Originally posted by usetobe View Post
                            Some agencies will process you even if you are still in the academy. Ask around. Reapply to Pasco in two months. Personally I would go to Pinellas SO. They pay better and are also hiring. They also have a bunch of small cities with there own PD's. The SO just does the county in between the cities. They are also hiring courthouse deputies which are LE deputies.(Dayshift in the air conditioning with most holidays off.)

I checked Pinellas SO web page and on their current openings page it no longer has deputy sheriff for their openings so I'm assuming they no longer have openings.

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
                              I checked Pinellas SO web page and on their current openings page it no longer has deputy sheriff for their openings so I'm assuming they no longer have openings.
                              They might be caught up or not hiring right now. Keep checking or call them. I know they had a bunch of openings not long ago. Sometimes it pays to call HR as the website might not be up to date with any agency. They can also tell you when it will open back up again if they know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4580 users online. 291 members and 4289 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X