300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinellas County Sheriff

Does anyone have any information on this department? What is morale like? Shifts for patrol? Residency requirements for take home vehicles? How is the workload? I know they have had pay problems in the past but my friend in the area said they got that taken care of.

Any information on different cities to live in, cost of living(buying a house), schools, and any other helpful information would be much appreciated.

Have you applied? Go talk to the recruiter.

Comment

I did apply but I wanted information from people who aren't trying to "sell" the department. I'm sure the recruiters will be able to answer policy type questions but I just wanted some insight from current or former deputies.

I guess I will have to wait until my background investigator gets in contact with me.

Even just information about life in the area. I would like to make the best decision before moving back to Florida with my family from Texas.

Comment

I'm in the process as well. I got the email about the background investigation starting on Friday. It's a 7 hour move for me so I understand what you're talking about. I went down there back in June and looked around at the department, spoke with some FTOs and had a nice long talk with the recruiter..

Comment

Sent you a PM.

Comment

I received a call to start the process for certified deputy, anyone else receive one?

Comment

Pinellas SO is a good agency. Best one around here with the exception of Tampa Police which pays better but you have some crappy areas to work in. Pinellas County has most of their crappy areas in one of the cities, so the city PD has to deal with that.

Comment

Was thinking about applying for this sheriff office as a detention deputy. Currently live and work in Michigan as a corrections officer. I love my job, but I'm tired of the cold and would like to move somewhere warmer with a beach or two. Would love some information about the department and the job any help would be great.. thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4929 users online. 286 members and 4643 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X