300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certified Applicant Chances

Hello everyone. Just wanted some insight from FL officers, I am currently a LEO in Virginia and I have my EOT done and passed the state exam. I sent out a few applications about a month ago and still haven't heard anything, mostly departments in south florida. Do most agencies prefer hiring certified applicants? And is it a quicker process if they do? Thanks.

Originally posted by foxhound5002 View Post
    Hello everyone. Just wanted some insight from FL officers, I am currently a LEO in Virginia and I have my EOT done and passed the state exam. I sent out a few applications about a month ago and still haven't heard anything, mostly departments in south florida. Do most agencies prefer hiring certified applicants? And is it a quicker process if they do? Thanks.
    Yes, most agencies do prefer that you be certified before applying since it saves the department money by not sending you to the academy(tuition and a paid salary). That being said, most departments are hit or miss - you can apply to 10 departments and maybe only 3 will call you back, the other 7 might just leave a stack of applications on their desk for months. South Florida is tricky and hard because everyone loves the location which means a lot of competition, try departments up north, Orange County for example.

Comment

Thanks, the thing is I only wanna live in s.fl....I'll keep trying lol

Comment

Just as Officer vanilla said, it's definitely cheaper for most agencies and they get you on the road faster. As far as down here in So Fla, the economy is better and there are retirements and just normal attrition. There are definitely agencies hiring, including my own. You just have to decide the places you are interested in and get your apps out there. It's a numbers game, good luck to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5948 users online. 327 members and 5621 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X