Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Sarasota County deputies be allowed to wear cop cameras?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Sarasota County deputies be allowed to wear cop cameras?

This survey question is created by request:

SHERIFF THOMAS M. KNIGHT will not allow deputies to routinely wear cameras until Florida's public records laws are changed because they make police recordings available to the public. Knight said that citizens could be embarrassed by video and audio recordings from police cameras and he is worried about citizens who might be on camera even though they have not committed any crime.

* I AGREE with Knight's decision restricting routine camera use by deputies.
    * I DISAGREE with Knight's decision restricting routine camera use by deputies.

Cast your vote here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5LWQHF2

(The poll will be open for around 30 days)

There will be a lot of residual issues that come from cops wearing body cameras. The least of those issues will be exposing bad cops. You think its hard to get people to cooperate with police during investigations? Think its hard to get witnesses to come forward to provide valuable links to suspects? Not all information obtained by a street cop requires its source to be named and stated in a report. Many many times... Ive had someone flag me down and just point to a house and nod at me. Thats all I needed.... thanks, I got it from here. Those days will end. You think police work was hard before? Just wait. Cops talk to people. More often than not, cops talk to good people. Put on a body cam, and its over. The last thing a concerned citizen wants is for their face to be on youtube. Us vs Them? Total B.S. Thats an issue the media created to sell advertising spots. Us vs the criminals? Yes. "Us" includes the good people who help us discretely or even openly. I don't need people to take on crime. Just point me in the right direction, slip me an address on a napkin at a restaurant that says "dope house". Wave me down while Im walking though the park and say "Someone you may want to talk to is over there." I know the laws, I know how to make a case. I know what to do with the information you give me. If you want to remain anonymous, OK, I know how to work the info you give me. You want to be public....OK, sure if you want. I don't need you to get dirty. I do this job because I enjoy taking the fight to the criminal element. You go home and enjoy dinner with your family.

You want me to do that with a camera in your face? Dont worry....it wont be an issue because people wont help me anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
      There will be a lot of residual issues that come from cops wearing body cameras. The least of those issues will be exposing bad cops. You think its hard to get people to cooperate with police during investigations? Think its hard to get witnesses to come forward to provide valuable links to suspects? Not all information obtained by a street cop requires its source to be named and stated in a report. Many many times... Ive had someone flag me down and just point to a house and nod at me. Thats all I needed.... thanks, I got it from here. Those days will end. You think police work was hard before? Just wait. Cops talk to people. More often than not, cops talk to good people. Put on a body cam, and its over. The last thing a concerned citizen wants is for their face to be on youtube. Us vs Them? Total B.S. Thats an issue the media created to sell advertising spots. Us vs the criminals? Yes. "Us" includes the good people who help us discretely or even openly. I don't need people to take on crime. Just point me in the right direction, slip me an address on a napkin at a restaurant that says "dope house". Wave me down while Im walking though the park and say "Someone you may want to talk to is over there." I know the laws, I know how to make a case. I know what to do with the information you give me. If you want to remain anonymous, OK, I know how to work the info you give me. You want to be public....OK, sure if you want. I don't need you to get dirty. I do this job because I enjoy taking the fight to the criminal element. You go home and enjoy dinner with your family.

You want me to do that with a camera in your face? Dont worry....it wont be an issue because people wont help me anymore.
      +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4279 users online. 262 members and 4017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X