300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of State Applicant

Anyone have any insight into an applicant coming from out of state? I am certified in Missouri (640hr academy) with a Masters degree. Will my certification transfer? Tired of cold looking for something new in Florida. Any recommended departments?
    Thanks!

Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
    Anyone have any insight into an applicant coming from out of state? I am certified in Missouri (640hr academy) with a Masters degree. Will my certification transfer? Tired of cold looking for something new in Florida. Any recommended departments?
    Thanks!
    Check out FDLE's website. Before I moved to Florida, I was able to take a course through FDLE that was only 10 days and it allowed me to take the state test. When I did it in 2009, there were only a handful of colleges that conducted the course. Check out this site:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/...lency-(1).aspx

Good luck!

Comment

http://www.policestandards.org

The only way to know for sure is to submit your package to one of these places. This is the academy I am attending. Im a lateral here from CA. Its difficult to just tell you "Yes it will". They will contact your agencies and your basic academy and evaluate all of your certs and then determine if you can attend the EOT course and waive the basic academy. I can tell you that your Masters Degree has no bearing in the process.

Comment

Chipola College is the fastest and cheapest in the state. They've been discussed on here very often, so just do a search. https://www.chipola.edu/PublicService/EqTraining.htm

Comment

You dead set on Florida? We have palm trees and citrus trees here. It's warm. Never snows. Well statistically it don't. Hell, it even snowed in Miami years ago. Check out JOINNOPD.ORG or PM me.

Comment

Oh and we do have a lateral entry hire program.

Comment

Louisiana vs Florida.....Hmmmmmmm....... (all in good fun)

Comment

Originally posted by Roller2200 View Post
                You dead set on Florida? We have palm trees and citrus trees here. It's warm. Never snows. Well statistically it don't. Hell, it even snowed in Miami years ago. Check out JOINNOPD.ORG or PM me.
                Is the city still screwing the cops with a 13K year salary?
                September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

No were a little more than triple that now. After your first year and off probation, your in the low 40s. Your showing your age!!

Comment

No were a little more than triple that now. After your first year and off probation, your in the low 40s. Your showing your age!!
                    OPD Hires year round? I am "Certifiable" In FL(graduated academy and passed the state exam) I'm sure that wont make a difference?

Comment

PM sent

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3172 users online. 193 members and 2979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X