Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

St. Pete EOT

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • St. Pete EOT

    Anyone been to that one? I will be going in a few weeks.

  • #2
    Go to the one at Chipola College. It's cheaper and only 4-5 days. Its $450.

    Comment


    • #3
      Im being sent..... so thats not really a concern. But I have heard the Chipola one is good.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ill end up calling and asking, but in case anyone here knows. I did my EOT assessment through St. Pete/Pinellas SO. Once I get the clearance that Im qualified to waive the basic academy, can I then go to any EOT in the state or am I restricted to the one in St Pete since thats where I did the assessment of my quals?

        Comment


        • #5
          You would have to go to the one that did your assessment. If you wanted to try to go to Chipola, you would have to submit everything again for them to evaluate your previous training.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thats not correct. As long as you have the form signed saying you meet the 11 High Liabilities then you can go wherever your heart desires. I had my EOT verification done by the people in St Pete but went to Chipola due to the insane cost at St Pete. I saved almost $1000 and still got certified all the same. The only difference between the two is that Chipola just test you on the liabilities. They have very little study time and expect you to be an adult and study for the test yourself. St. Pete has lots of study time from what Ive been told, and their course is two weeks long.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Eleven Bravo View Post
              Thats not correct. As long as you have the form signed saying you meet the 11 High Liabilities then you can go wherever your heart desires. I had my EOT verification done by the people in St Pete but went to Chipola due to the insane cost at St Pete. I saved almost $1000 and still got certified all the same. The only difference between the two is that Chipola just test you on the liabilities. They have very little study time and expect you to be an adult and study for the test yourself. St. Pete has lots of study time from what Ive been told, and their course is two weeks long.
              Once your assessment is done you can goto any EOT program in the state. PASS did my assessment and I went to Chipola.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hey I got my EOT exemption through Pass for corrections but really want for law enforcement. Im awaiting to here back from PASS if theres any type of cross over training or something I can apply for to go to law enforcement. Ive been a Senior Corrections Officer for the NJ DOC for 6 years and have heard of officers from my dept that were able to get the exemption for law enforcement but dont know any more details. Does anyone have insight on this? Im sure its been asked a bunch and Ive searched but havent heard anything relating specifically to my situation. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

                Comment


                • #9
                  LandGuppy... just out of curiosity, why did you purposely give wrong information? Because you were 100% wrong. Thankfully some research and a couple phone calls got me the info I needed. You submit your packet to an assessment center. That assessment center issues you the Form 76 which is your waiver of the basic academy and allows you to enroll in an EOT. You then locate any EOT since the the standards are all the same and are set by FDLE, not the assessment center. Once you complete the EOT, you get your voucher allowing you to take the state exam. Take the test, pass it... done.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mindbeats View Post
                    Hey I got my EOT exemption through Pass for corrections but really want for law enforcement. Im awaiting to here back from PASS if theres any type of cross over training or something I can apply for to go to law enforcement. Ive been a Senior Corrections Officer for the NJ DOC for 6 years and have heard of officers from my dept that were able to get the exemption for law enforcement but dont know any more details. Does anyone have insight on this? Im sure its been asked a bunch and Ive searched but havent heard anything relating specifically to my situation. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
                    You would need to apply with the same packet to the assessment center. The only way to become a sworn LEO in FL is to attend the full academy, or qualify to attend the EOT, and taking the state exam. And there is only one way to get that answer. Thats applying and going through the process. If you were strictly a Correctional Officer, I don't know that you would qualify to waive the basic academy. But again, there is only one way to get the answer and thats to have an assessment done on your quals. Have you called the people who did your corrections waiver?www.policestandards.org
                    Last edited by FlyingPig1; 01-04-2015, 10:48 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I Emailed them Friday but will call some time this week if I don't get a response


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                        LandGuppy... just out of curiosity, why did you purposely give wrong information? Because you were 100% wrong. Thankfully some research and a couple phone calls got me the info I needed. You submit your packet to an assessment center. That assessment center issues you the Form 76 which is your waiver of the basic academy and allows you to enroll in an EOT. You then locate any EOT since the the standards are all the same and are set by FDLE, not the assessment center. Once you complete the EOT, you get your voucher allowing you to take the state exam. Take the test, pass it... done.
                        This is exactly what I was told when I submitted for the EOT. I ended up going with Chippola, and they wouldn't accept an assessment I had done at Polk State. Sorry if it was incorrect, but its the standard I was held to.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                          You would need to apply with the same packet to the assessment center. The only way to become a sworn LEO in FL is to attend the full academy, or qualify to attend the EOT, and taking the state exam. And there is only one way to get that answer. Thats applying and going through the process. If you were strictly a Correctional Officer, I don't know that you would qualify to waive the basic academy. But again, there is only one way to get the answer and thats to have an assessment done on your quals. Have you called the people who did your corrections waiver?www.policestandards.org
                          I got an email back from PASS and you were right I would have to resubmit an application for EOT but through law enforcement. I saw that going through chipola college is cheaper and quicker. Should I go through Chipola or stick with PASS since I've already done it through them? Thanks for all the help


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It doesn't matter which one unless you are concerned about price or length. I talked to both PASS and Chipola today and both confirmed that once you have your Form 76 you can attend any EOT anywhere in the state. Its the Form 76 you need.... who issued it is irrelevant.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ok thanks


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6713 users online. 355 members and 6358 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X