Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

state trooper (non certified coming from ny)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state trooper (non certified coming from ny)

Hey guys anyone know what I'm in line for...I'm coming from ny moveing to fl for state trooper what is the physical like and polygraph like
    Nypd exam 2344 list number 2xx
    Ny finest black n blue brothers

Originally posted by dizzydadon12 View Post
    Hey guys anyone know what I'm in line for...I'm coming from ny moveing to fl for state trooper what is the physical like and polygraph like

Well first off you spelled moving wrong.

Second you need to learn how to write a complete sentence.

And I hope you're not moving just cause you've complete the pre-app and not finished the whole process because they can put you through the process and tell you no at the last minute.

As for the physical, it is not hard if you are in some what of shape. I personally have never done the FHP physical or any other steps of the process but I have done the whole process for a law enforcement academy I'm currently attending and it is in florida. All I have to say for help is to be completely honest about everything because they will find out everything about you sooner or later.
    Last edited by JediWarrior; 12-01-2014, 08:24 PM.

Comment

I agree with Jedi in you should not be moving to a new state to then apply for a job that is not guaranteed.

Comment

Why are you moving from NY for a Trooper job in Florida? I heard New York State Troopers have a much larger starting salary.
        Last edited by altaccount1992; 12-02-2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorCop13 View Post
          I agree with Jedi in you should not be moving to a new state to then apply for a job that is not guaranteed.

What part of the process are you in for FHP right now?

Comment

Not to knock FHP but if your coming from NY, be sure you know what your getting into because a NYS Trooper is significantly different than Florida Highway Patrol / FL State Trooper. Just an FYI. Good luck.
            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

New York has a state police. Florida has a highway patrol.

Comment

I'm leaving ny I'm done here. I was on the list for nypd but it took to long, my dream Is to be in law enforcement so i said why not go for it. I couldn't do ny state trooper one because it take for ever and 2 I have tattoos on my forearms.

Comment

You probably have... but have you checked the FHP tattoo policy? The ones I know seem pretty starched and pressed. Im not an FHP guy but they strike me as pretty old fashioned in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig1 View Post
                    You probably have... but have you checked the FHP tattoo policy? The ones I know seem pretty starched and pressed. Im not an FHP guy but they strike me as pretty old fashioned in that regard.
                    yes..I've read on their page and called and asked....so long as none are visible while in long sleeve uniform

Comment

OUCH... long sleeve mandatory year round in FL? I can hardly stand my short sleeve 6 months out of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by JediWarrior View Post
                        What part of the process are you in for FHP right now?
                        Right now im taking my psych this Friday. I passed the polygraph. I finally got the call; It took over a month for them to get back to me. Patience is a virtue lol

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydadon12 View Post
                          For the poly my advice like Jedi mentioned is to be completely truthfull. Put everything on the pre-app they give you when you go in to take it. He will go over it with you and call you out on BS.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorCop13 View Post
                            Right now im taking my psych this Friday. I passed the polygraph. I finally got the call; It took over a month for them to get back to me. Patience is a virtue lol
                            Lol bro over a month lollllll....I was waiting on the nypd for 2 and a half years and they just started my paper work lol

Comment

ok yes 2 years is a long time forget that lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3271 users online. 182 members and 3089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X