300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central FL and Gulf Coast Overtime info

Does anybody have any information regarding overtime and off duty work in these areas? Mainly looking at Orange County Sheriffs, Orlando PD, Hillsborough County Sheriffs, Tampa PD and Lakeland PD, however if you have any information on any department in these areas I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Just want to bump it up. Somebody must know some information....
    And maybe remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between the monsters and the weak.

Comment

Originally posted by derek_scott View Post
      Just want to bump it up. Somebody must know some information....
      Its hard to generalize department overtime and off duty by just "Gulf Coast and Central FL" since each department has their own policy and way of doing things. My bet is to try their prospective websites and see if they have the info there.

Comment

I was hoping somebody had specific information on any departments in those areas. If you currently work for a department in one of those areas, do they offer a fair amount of overtime and off duty work? The department sites don't really say much.

Comment

The agencies you listed will have plenty of off-duty. As far as overtime within the departments, I don't know.

Comment

I was starting to respond with what I thought may help.... but your question is just way to vague to really give a useful response too. So Ill try this. Are you concerned about the base pay hoping you can make it up on OT? Thats a legit concern. The only real answer is that it varies widely by agency, budgets and assignments. Is there a lot of OT? Maybe.... hard to tell. Its out there, but its not always for everyone. Where I am, if you are assigned to the jail, its almost unlimited. Assigned being the key word. If you arent, its pretty small and sporadic for everyone else.

Comment

FlyingPig, I appreciate your response. That is my concern... the base pay at most departments down there are lower than my current pay in the Army so I was wondering if there would be a lot of opportunity for overtime and off duty assignments in those areas. I am shooting for the law enforcement side of the house... corrections just does not really appeal to me. Again I appreciate your answer. Have a great holiday and stay safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4904 users online. 263 members and 4641 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X