300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWC Applicants with 10/06/14 closing date

I wanted to start a new thread for all the new applicants or second attempters to be able to motivate one another. I just submitted my first attempt this Oct closing. I will be taking the PAT the first weekend of NOV in Cocoa Beach. I am prior military and with no LEO certs. Been working on the swim. So far at 7 min and the PAT I ran a few months ago with an SO at 3:47 so no worries for any of you thinking its hard as I am not in peak shape. My advice would be to do some drags and pulls with something around 150lbs cause that is the only killer part. Any tips or advice? How is everyone else doing?

I'm taking my PAT either November 7th or 8th in Jacksonville in the morning. I'm glad to hear that it isn't too difficult. It's kind of hard to train for something when you don't know what it looks like. Was the obstacle course mostly dealing with agility and small jumps?

Comment

The best way to train for it is run about .5 miles as fast as you can after swimming the 300. Thats what Ive been doing. The course is about .325 miles long and has two 220 yrd run and in between the two is a wall jump, serpentine, and crawl. The dummy drag is what really gets you as it puts a lot of stress on you legs in the middle of the whole course. I do about 50-100 body squats in the middle to get that effect. To be honest the first time I ran it I didnt really train to do it and it was not to bad just the dummy was. But I want a faster time and to be ready for it after the swim.

Comment

Also read over the course and get it down in your head I saw people waste time trying to remember what to do next.

Comment

Honestly the swim and running portion is not that difficult. With the swim do not try to bust it out as fast as you can. Just keep a nice even pace and you should not have any problems. This will be my second attempt, I made it past the interview last hiring phase before I got my denial letter. I went to the pool twice before the PAT just to work on my pace. I am not in the best shape and I passed it with no problems, Swim 6.47 and run 3.38. the challenging part is the interview. there will be 5 FWC officers interviewing you and you are in a chair just sitting in front of them. It is quite intimidating. Four years USMC, no LEO cert. here. Good luck to everyone. I will be doing my PAT on the 8th in Bradington.

Comment

What kind of questions did they ask? Ive had a panel with a sheriffs department where I live and it wasn't too bad. I am a talker

Comment

I will be taking the PAT this weekend. My Paperwork said this Fri, Sat, Sun, but either day. That either part confuses me. I'll call tomorrow to Verify Sun is an Option. I am a 10 year veteran of FL DOC. Anyone know anything about the academy? Someone told me that the Basic Recruit portion is combined FWC/FHP. Does anybody know?

Comment

Hello All,

Im a current applicant for FWC and will be taking the Physical Assessment tomorrow in Miami. Good luck to everybody, and pace yourself in the swim test.

Comment

I took my PAT Friday 10/7. Passed and will now be waiting for the interview email. As far as the academy goes I hear its a combined school house but each group is seperated. So FWC is all FWC.

Comment

Interview letters are out that was fast! Taking mine in Palm Beach!

Comment

Got my invite as well, that was fast! Not sure where I'm going to do the interview at. How did everyone do in the PAT? That dummy really put a hurting on my legs!

Comment

I passed the swim and was happy to not be the last on in the pool. The PAT I was a little slower on then I wanted to be (added a minute to what I have ran it in before). That dummy gets me every time!
                        Last edited by FITpilot; 11-11-2014, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Passed the PAT on Saturday and got my letter for the interview yesterday(Monday). I will call tomorrow to schedule it here in Miami. Good luck to all.

Comment

Just checked my email and got the letter. I will be setting up my interview in Polk County ASAP. As far as the Academy goes it is at the same facility as FHP but each agency uses their own instructors. They switch up the questions for the interview, you have your generic questions "why FWC over the other agencies, why are you the best suited for the position....etc" but then the have more agency specific questions. The best advice I could give is to research the agency (not just the law enforcement side) and go over the last commissions meeting. Try to work current FWC issues into your response and work the other fields of FWC into your response. Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully 2nd time around is a charm for me. Ready to be a "woods cop" as my 5 and 7 year olds would say.

Comment

Happy Veterans Day. I'm guessing they won't be scheduling interview appointments today. Good luck to all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5301 users online. 290 members and 5011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X