300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Academy

Good evening to everyone, this is my first time being on here and I need some feedback. In a few weeks I will be starting the academy at palm beach state for the full time class. I'm nervous, I'm scared but also excited that Im been accepted and couple questions I have...

1.) What do I need to get? (additional pair of sneakers, first aid items, shoe polish, etc)

2.) What should I be prepared for? (countless running, alot of physical work)

3.) What is the daily routine? (Physical, Class schedule, amount of studying)

I havent been in a classroom in 10 years, Im from 21 credits away from my bachelor so after the academy is completed I will be going back and finish it up. I been in the security industry for 10 years, mostly armed work and high end details (no sitting down fat *** type of security). I have no military background, however most of my friends were so I rub off having that mental and physical world of what they were in, other then that, I just cant wait to start and cant wait to finish.

Originally posted by Bostonian2012 View Post
    Good evening to everyone, this is my first time being on here and I need some feedback. In a few weeks I will be starting the academy at palm beach state for the full time class. I'm nervous, I'm scared but also excited that Im been accepted and couple questions I have...

1.) What do I need to get? (additional pair of sneakers, first aid items, shoe polish, etc)

2.) What should I be prepared for? (countless running, alot of physical work)

3.) What is the daily routine? (Physical, Class schedule, amount of studying)

I havent been in a classroom in 10 years, Im from 21 credits away from my bachelor so after the academy is completed I will be going back and finish it up. I been in the security industry for 10 years, mostly armed work and high end details (no sitting down fat *** type of security). I have no military background, however most of my friends were so I rub off having that mental and physical world of what they were in, other then that, I just cant wait to start and cant wait to finish.

I'm attending a police academy right now. I'm about month in and it's awesome. Bring everything they give you every day just incase. Be prepared to run... A lot.

I don't know about palm beach state but we have uniform inspection every week so good shoe Polish is a plus.

Study study study.
    Everything they test you on is in the book.

And most important have fun, and seriously don't be that guy that everyone can't stand. Have fun but don't be cocky.

My day is classroom and then PT. I know palm beach state you do PT in the morning then class.

Be prepared for a lot of yelling the first two days.

All the people in your class are gonna be your family for the next 6 months and some will be working with you when you get a job. Help them out as much as possible because you don't know who's a captains son or daughter or a chief son.

Be smart.

Comment

1-I recommend getting fitted running shoes, they are expensive but in my opinion worth every penny. Good boots that can be shined(kiwi polish only).

2-Be in the best physical condition you can be. The first few days are rough no matter how good of shape you are in, but it's a lot harder if you're not.

3-PT in the morning, then you change into your class A uniform and sit in class the rest of the day.

DONT BE LATE! And don't have anything in your pockets the first day, no wallet no car keys, nothing. Oh, and don't look the DI's in the eye. Good luck and try to have fun.

Comment

Everything everyone has posted is right on. Just enjoy every min of it, it's going be a fun ride. The academy was one of the best times of my life. Good luck and stay focused.

Comment

Just Graduated from the Part time academy, Say Hi to DI Hite for me, and DI Lin lol...
          First off, on orientation they will tell you everything you need to bring, if you have any questions at orientation, ask them, better ask them now than not know it later.
          Second, make sure you start working out and running, if you haven't already, which you should have.
          Third, make sure you read your book and chapters, tests are easy if you know your material.
          Also, invest in a $20 heat gun, it will save you a lot of time while shinning boots, it did for me, make sure you have extra watch, extra pens because someone will forget to bring theirs, I know we did and we paid for it.
          And Last, enjoy and have fun, make friends, stay positive, the first 3 weeks will be hell, but it will get better, stay with a positive attitude and you will do fine. Any questions just message me. GOOD LUCK!! you will need it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6306 users online. 336 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X