Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange County Sheriff Office Hiring Timeline

Hello everyone!

I just took the PAT test 2 days ago ( I was the only passing female) and turned in the 40 pages long questionnaire. Does anyone knows a timeline from here on?

Thank you!

I did an interview with them about a month ago, and the background investigator said their backgrounds take about three months right now. I ended up not passing the panel interview the week after so that's all I know lol. Hope that helps some

"Aren't you tired of getting dirt dicked in your face" Nacho Libre

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that you did not passed. Thank you for the info though!

Comment

What is the panel interview about? If I may ask!

Comment

Originally posted by Janice112 View Post
          What is the panel interview about? If I may ask!
          The Panel is different depending on three things.

1)Applying to be sponsored.
          2)Graduated the Academy and taken the state exam.
          3)Prior Police employment.

Basically its a interview with 3 officers. They ask you personal history questions and scenario based questions as well. Since you are applying to be sponsored, i am not sure what questions they may ask. For example, since I been through the academy they asked questions pertaining to probable cause and misdemeanor presence exceptions, some things you may not know about unless you been through the academy or done research on your own.
          Last edited by venthago; 08-22-2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I just took the PAT test 2 days ago ( I was the only passing female) and turned in the 40 pages long questionnaire. Does anyone knows a timeline from here on?

Thank you!
            Your next three steps are the CVSA, Panel and the report writing test. The CVSA and report writing are scheduled on the same day. After these three steps, your recruiter will email you a background packet. The packet is not that big, a few pages and once completed and turned in with additional paperwork(Birth certificate etc. etc.) you will be contacted when your background has started. Thats how far I can tell you because I turned in my background packet back in April and have not heard anything from them. I check in almost every month and call my recruiter but he keeps telling me my background packet is sitting on a desk waiting to be assigned to a background investigator. They say they are extremely backed up in applicants and so little investigators. From what I heard, after or during the background you will do in interview with them which is also recorded. The recorded video will be sent to the Sheriff for him to watch and make a final decisions on whether to hire you or not. After this, you will only have the Psychological and Physical to pass. Im already Certified so the process might be slight different but other then that, they are very similar.

Comment

Oh wow. That's a long time. Usually, I heard the process is 3-6 months long! Ok well know I know that wait time might be longer.

Thank you so much!

Comment

Yeah its been long indeed. Hopefully I hear from someone soon. In the mean time I have been applying elsewhere. By the way, I answered your question about the panel on the above post, I just had issue and accidentally double posted.

Comment

Oh I did not see that. Thank you! Do you know how long do they take to review the 40 pages questionnaire and schedule the written test and stuff. I ask cause I'm about to go out of town and I would like to know if I should postpone

Comment

Oh I did not see that. Thank you! Do you know how long do they take to review the 40 pages questionnaire and schedule the written test and stuff. I ask cause I'm about to go out of town and I would like to know if I should postpone
                    I forgot honestly its been close to a year since I applied, but I believe it was close to the same month. I think they called maybe within 3 weeks. When HR calls, they are very very flexible in scheduling you, they ask you when you are available.

Comment

Oh ok. I'm thinking of leaving mid September so hopefully by then I hear from them!!!

Thank you so much for answering all my questions. I wish you best of luck! Hopefully they will call you soon!

Comment

Oh ok. I'm thinking of leaving mid September so hopefully by then I hear from them!!!

Thank you so much for answering all my questions. I wish you best of luck! Hopefully they will call you soon!
                        Thank you! hopefully you are invited to attend the academy, which is a very fun experience! What I like about OCSO is they hire in bulk, usually anywhere between 10-15 officers almost every 2-3 months. Big department with openings left and right.

Comment

Oh really? That's good to know. Hopefully they don't have as many bilingual females so I can have a good shot at it.

I took the PAT in Tuesday and I was the only passing female out if like 7-9 that were there!

Comment

Oh really? That's good to know. Hopefully they don't have as many bilingual females so I can have a good shot at it.

I took the PAT in Tuesday and I was the only passing female out if like 7-9 that were there!
                            Oh wow, they must have not been prepared. By the way, before the recruiter emails you the background packet he will send you a swim test form, which needs to be signed by an approved swim instructor or life guard. I went to my local YMCA. Basic stuff, swim up and down a pool, hold your breath for a few seconds, recover a 5lb object from 6-8feet.

Comment

Oh yes, I have that form already. They told us to download it from the website! Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4594 users online. 253 members and 4341 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X