300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Fitness Standards

Starting up the academy at the end of the month and I was told at orientation that FL does not have a requirement for PAT but individual departments do. I'm really looking for a general set of guidelines for what to strive for in my training.. I've been following the fitness goals for NY because I was able to find them online but if any Florida officers have their dept.'s requirements, could you please post them? Thanks!

Run Bubba Run. Really I don't know what the current PAT is as I retired. There has been changes in recent years. Someone will let you know I'm sure. I do know that there is a lot of running in the academy so be prepared for that.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
      Starting up the academy at the end of the month and I was told at orientation that FL does not have a requirement for PAT but individual departments do. I'm really looking for a general set of guidelines for what to strive for in my training.. I've been following the fitness goals for NY because I was able to find them online but if any Florida officers have their dept.'s requirements, could you please post them? Thanks!
      It depends on the dept. Some have the traditional PAT (car, run, wall, obstacle course, dummy drag, etc.) and others have the Cooper Test (push ups, sit ups and 1.5 run).

Comment

I've been running daily, that's for sure.. I'm just trying to get a good general time for the 1.5, same with sit ups, push ups, vert. jump and 300 meter (thats what my academy said we were being tested on) just wanna make sure if I'm in good shape or do I need more work. Of course, I'm going to keep working on it but just an idea where i stand.

Also, I'm a little hesitant about the wall climb, what would be a good training for it?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesInCharge23 View Post
          I've been running daily, that's for sure.. I'm just trying to get a good general time for the 1.5, same with sit ups, push ups, vert. jump and 300 meter (thats what my academy said we were being tested on) just wanna make sure if I'm in good shape or do I need more work. Of course, I'm going to keep working on it but just an idea where i stand.

Also, I'm a little hesitant about the wall climb, what would be a good training for it?
          Just do that stuff for now if that is what you are getting tested on, and throw in some strength training if you can.

As far as the wall climb....find a wall to climb. Just kidding. Seriously though, without something for you to climb on, I am not really sure what to tell you on that one.

For reference, I did the traditional PAT, as do the agencies around me, and I am in the panhandle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6249 users online. 347 members and 5902 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X