Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FALL 2014 H.C.C. Hillsborough Community College P/T Law Enforcement Academy

Hillsborough Community College P/T Law Enforcement Academy

Hello and first, thank you to all the 1st responders and prior Military for your service.

I have applied to the Fall 2014 P/T Law Enforcement Academy at H.C.C. and have successfully made it into to the "Pool of applicants" for the next academy. I scored a 92% on my FBAT and I hope that it will be good enough to grant me a spot. I am 42yrs old, Married with two teenagers and prior military (US Army Infantry 1989 - 1996) and have worked private security for the past 18yrs and I am eagerly looking forward to the possibility of attending the academy to gain a career. If you have attended this academy or are still attending this academy I had just a few questions for you guys. (I have read all the other threads but they are all several years old and I'm not sure the same info applies)

1. The cut off date for the application was June 16, 2014. I received a (Congratulations, Your application is complete and you are now in the applicant pool for the next academy) letter on June 25th. The academy starts Sept. 8th but they say you will need to order uniforms at least a month before the start date and attend a Orientation class. I don't have a ton of extra money laying around so I am trying to plan accordingly for uniforms, DR. Physical ect. Based off my FBAT score, clean background, Passed Integrity and PAT test. Do you think I will be accepted and how long does it take to receive a conditional letter of acceptance?

2. How does PT work if I'm attending the 1800 - 2200 class? I read that someone stated that you do not do PT until later in the academy and I was wondering if they were correct.

Well thanks for your time and if you are a potential applicant (Like me) let me know. Your probably looking for answers too

I would just call HCC and ask them.

Comment

Only someone at HCC can give you a realistic idea of your chances because they differ from class to class depending on how everyone in the applicant pool does on the FBAT. Usually the part time academies aren't as competitive as full time academies, so you probably have a pretty good shot.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I will give them a call on Monday.

Comment

I know this is old but anyone else who might wonder....I did the night class and PT was done Tuesday and Thursday Night for 1 hour after classes. Could have changed since 2012 though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5023 users online. 304 members and 4719 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X