300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting Miami for the first time

Hey fellas, I'm a Police Officer from California visiting Miami with my gf for the first time in September. Can anybody suggest some notable things worth checking out? We'll have a car and will be flying into Ft. Lauderdale then driving to our hotel in Miami. Any suggestions (bars/clubs/restaurants/tourist attractions) are welcome. If there are any spots to avoid, that would be appreciated as well. We're thinking of making the trip to Key West on one of the days just to check it out.

Why would you even want to go to miami in the first place.

I would much rather have gone to key west. Just my opinion.

Comment

Depends where in Miami you're gonna be in. There's Miami Beach, Miami, South Miami area.

Comment

Like mentioned above, if the weather is nice you can check out South Beach. Park your car and enjoy the walk for miles checking out stores and restaurants and of course the beach on the other side of the road.

South Miami can be confusing to drive around since US1 splits and becomes one-ways North and South bound. There are parking garages usually 5-10 dollar flat rate and enjoy the stores and malls they offer.

If your into wines you can check out Homesteads winery about 20 miles south of Miami. Its called "Schnebly Redland's Winery"

The Florida Keys can be fun to visit and lots to do. Snorkeling, Suba, kayaking, camping and more. Of course you can do most of those things in Miami, but the Keys can be less crowded sometimes depending on the crowd that's there. If your coming in September the kids are in school and college has commenced so it should not be crowded. There is only one road to and from the keys; US1. The only Con to that is if there is an accident, the road can be closed for hours causing massive traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureLeo76 View Post
          Why would you even want to go to miami in the first place.

I would much rather have gone to key west. Just my opinion.
          As an aspiring law enforcement officer, you may want to learn when a period is appropriate and when a question mark is appropriate. Also, you can keep your opinion to yourself. I can already tell you're going to be "that" guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer_vanilla View Post
            Like mentioned above, if the weather is nice you can check out South Beach. Park your car and enjoy the walk for miles checking out stores and restaurants and of course the beach on the other side of the road.

South Miami can be confusing to drive around since US1 splits and becomes one-ways North and South bound. There are parking garages usually 5-10 dollar flat rate and enjoy the stores and malls they offer.

If your into wines you can check out Homesteads winery about 20 miles south of Miami. Its called "Schnebly Redland's Winery"

The Florida Keys can be fun to visit and lots to do. Snorkeling, Suba, kayaking, camping and more. Of course you can do most of those things in Miami, but the Keys can be less crowded sometimes depending on the crowd that's there. If your coming in September the kids are in school and college has commenced so it should not be crowded. There is only one road to and from the keys; US1. The only Con to that is if there is an accident, the road can be closed for hours causing massive traffic.
            Thanks for the tip brother. Looks like we're staying in South Beach and will definitely check out the winery. Sounds like we'll probably spend a day or two at the Keys.

Comment

Originally posted by jw1984 View Post
              As an aspiring law enforcement officer, you may want to learn when a period is appropriate and when a question mark is appropriate. Also, you can keep your opinion to yourself. I can already tell you're going to be "that" guy.

Take your own advice, and keep your opinion to yourself.

I can already tell YOU ARE that guy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4625 users online. 304 members and 4321 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X