300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Miami Police Department

I'm currently in the process with North Miami PD, and wanted to know any Pros and Cons within the Department. Morale, Equipment, Etc ??.. Any comments Greatly appreciated.

Pro

New Chief of Police- who's a great leader with an outstanding vision
    New equipment for Patrol Officers (New cars, Laptops,etc)
    Pay is decent. Compared to other cities in the surrounding area, who has slash Police Officer pay by 12%- 18% (City of Miami, North Miami Beach) Plenty of Overtime $$$$ and off duties

Very busy city with a lot of Police Action (Action = fun)
    You will get to learn how to be a REAL POLICE OFFICER. What I mean by that is, you'll get exposed to some real life scenarios/ calls for service, that some agencies just don't get to handle.

NMPD is smaller agency, so everybody knows you, and it has a family feel to it.
    Great work schedule !!!

Cons

Smaller agency means less speciality units, transfers, and promotions within the dept. basically you have to wait until someone "F%# up or retires in order to move up or around with the agency.

The city of North Miami can be a little tiresome due to the fact that theres a lot of crime and Officers then to get burnt out quicker because they're stuck on Patrol for years. I know this statement kind of contradicts what I stated earlier, but some people need to be mentally challenged, and a lot of people want to MOVE around within their careers. NMPD just doest have a lot of movement.

Officers who are in speciality units never leave, and hardly gets kicked out. So you basically have to wait in line for you shot to be a Detective,Sgt or whatever sworn position they offer.

I hope this helps, GOOD LUCK
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4016 users online. 218 members and 3798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X