300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soce

I had heard that the test mainly consists of the high liabilities. Is this true?

Originally posted by jesterns2 View Post
    I had heard that the test mainly consists of the high liabilities. Is this true?
    That is one of many rumors involving the SOCE. Some rumors include: Test being majority medical, questions coming from only objectives ect ect. Each month the exam changes (4 different versions of the test I believe.) Study the material and try to be well rounded in each subject. The test isn't rocket science but it's that one piece of information you overlooked that can be asked on the test.
    Last edited by Officer_vanilla; 06-06-2014, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I just completed the eot and they definitely fall short of what the course needs to teach or at least inform you of! I will just take a week or so, study the book and take the online tests.

Comment

I took the test a few years back. I studied both books and still felt unprepared for the exam. I passed first try, and my specific test was a lot of scenarios about law. There is some practice tests and quizzes on the apple store under SOCE.

Comment

I actually have a good website to study from and take practice tests.

http://www.policeacademystudyguides....disconnected=t

Comment

I used that website too. It prepared me well for the test. The actual test wasn't as hard as the practice exams, but did have some scenario type stuff the practice exam didn't have. As long as you have some basic knowledge of general LE, the scenario questions are piece of cake.

Comment

I have been a leo in another state up north for 14 years so in those terms I should be good!

Comment

Mine wasn't. Mine was scenario questions and basic questions. It seemed (at the time) that it directly related to the objectives in the books.

Comment

I was planning on reading the objectives this weekend. Hopefully I will feel Ok enough to take the test late next week.

Comment

Anyone know what's up with the test dates? There's none listed after June. I heard they are changing how and when the test is given.
                    Last edited by mphscop; 06-21-2014, 03:14 AM.

Comment

The last "written" test is June 25th. Starting earlier this month and becoming a mandatory way to take the test it is now online at an approved testing center and you know your results immediately.

Comment

http://www.pearsonvue.com/snu/

That is a link to the website where you go to create an account and then schedule your test.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'll be at Chipola in August and looking to test as soon as I'm comfortable with the study materials. Looking forward to getting to the sunshine state.

Comment

If I were you I'd at least get a week membership to that site and sit down to see what you know. The eot course doesn't prepare you for the test. Put it this way where I went the first week was just proficiency in the high liabilities. We can all shoot, drive, do first aid and defense tactics. All that was done the second week was take a test and correct it. You can do that on the website. Plus it has power points, flash cards, chapter objectives and more. If I'd have known about it prior to the course I would have gotten to it because it is a lot of information to memorize. It's not rocket science just a lot of information!

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the test is like? Multiple choice, t/f, etc? Does anyone know what the minimum passing score is and do they tell you your score or just pass/fail?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6405 users online. 384 members and 6021 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X