Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHP Upcoming Pats

Hi

Unfortunately I missed the earlier PATs this year, so I know I need to reapply. I was wondering, does anybody know when will they be holding another round of PATs?

I will be out of the country for most of june, so I dont want to apply if they will be holding them in june ^^;

Plz lmk

Thanks ^^

My understanding is I thought they hold them once a month in three different locations. Miami, Orlando and up state. I may be wrong though.

Comment

Hi all. I'm an out of state guy, looking to apply. I saw FHP doesn't conduct any BATs anymore and it says you will not be processed without proof you took it. Is it suggested that I take a BAT BEFORE I apply or will I be able to take a BAT (at a local college) when scheduled for a PAT? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
        Hi all. I'm an out of state guy, looking to apply. I saw FHP doesn't conduct any BATs anymore and it says you will not be processed without proof you took it. Is it suggested that I take a BAT BEFORE I apply or will I be able to take a BAT (at a local college) when scheduled for a PAT? Thanks!
        When you initially apply for FHP, they will send you a letter with the dates and locations to the PAT. In the letter, they will also give u a URL to download a packet to fill out and bring to the PAT. They will also tell you to bring certain documents to go with the packet, which includes the BAT. So basically you can apply now, but need the BAT before attending the PAT.

Comment

Hoping the case, it may be wiser for me to apply when I get back from my trip

thanks ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Army_NYPD View Post
            When you initially apply for FHP, they will send you a letter with the dates and locations to the PAT. In the letter, they will also give u a URL to download a packet to fill out and bring to the PAT. They will also tell you to bring certain documents to go with the packet, which includes the BAT. So basically you can apply now, but need the BAT before attending the PAT.

HeyDid they take a height/weight measurement at the PAT? I'm not fat but I'm definitely over the required weight on this scale. Ok, I'm a little fat. But will they send you home if you're over? I am certified w/ tons of experience and will being going through the TRC. Will that override the weight requirements?

Comment

Originally posted by J0ey4ReaL View Post
              HeyDid they take a height/weight measurement at the PAT? I'm not fat but I'm definitely over the required weight on this scale. Ok, I'm a little fat. But will they send you home if you're over? I am certified w/ tons of experience and will being going through the TRC. Will that override the weight requirements?
              If there is one thing they are extremely strict on, is the height and weight. I have heard stories of individuals barely arriving to the PAT for testing, only to be sent home because the instructors noticed they were overweight. BRC or TRC, It does not matter- If your 20 pounds over their required weight, they will send you home.
              Last edited by Army_NYPD; 05-12-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Yes, if youre overweight they send you home.

Comment

Does your weight matter afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by lucario View Post
                    Does your weight matter afterwards?
                    I'm not with FHP so I can't answer that but from my own opinion and what I have seen, it does not. Weight only seems to matter in the academy, and that goes with most departments as well. I personally believe that a PT test should be given at least every 6 months or every year to keep up with standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Army_NYPD View Post
                      I'm not with FHP so I can't answer that but from my own opinion and what I have seen, it does not. Weight only seems to matter in the academy, and that goes with most departments as well. I personally believe that a PT test should be given at least every 6 months or every year to keep up with standards.
                      Yeah I agree that there should be PT tests given every 6 or so months, but is it really necessary to be 6'0 198 lbs? I weigh a lot more than that and I have no problems performing the duties of my job.

I spoke to the secretary of the recruiter w/ FHP and she did confirm that you would be sent home if you were not at the required weight that their height/weight sale has posted. I find that a little ridiculous honestly, how experience and education isn't taken into consideration. Ive work w/ FHP and most are stand up LEOs but I have a hard time believe some of them weigh what that scale says they need to weigh while they were in the academy. I can see a few pudgies in the academy graduation pics. But that's OK.

GTG the pizza is here!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3243 users online. 170 members and 3073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X