Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwc hiring process ending 3/31/2014

Hi guys
    I wanted to start a thread on here for those of us going through the application process right now for FWC. There's a few other threads on here but most of them are out of date. I submitted my supplemental application on march 31, 2014 and passed the PAT this past weekend. I just scheduled my oral interview for next Tuesday in Southport. Is it just me or does it seem like this process is going by faster than usual, a lot faster. Does anyone know why this is or when the next academy starts?

Its going faster because there was the harder PT test in January and all those people have been waiting since then for the interview. Not enough people passed in January so they added this application and changed the PT test. I heard full academy is supposed to start in August

Comment

I too heard of a lot of applicants failing the previous PAT and that it was recently changed. Do you know what the "harder" PAT consisted of? Cooper: 1.5 mile, Sprint, push-ups and sit-ups? Is it the same pre-academy PAT that some applicants fail the same day they EOD?

Comment

Ok that makes sense. Wow, I can't believe people have been waiting for an interview since January. They didn't use the Cooper this time. It was the 300m swim in under 10 minutes and then an obstacle course that needed to be done in under 6:04. I'm assuming there are a lot of applicants because of the two PATs and the fact that the oral interviews go for 5 days straight at each location.

Comment

Yeah ive been waiting and this is my 2nd interview. This PAT is definitely easier. I heard alot of people weren't passing the swim tho

Comment

In my PAT testing group there were about 50 and I'd say 10 or so failed the swim. I don't know of anyone failing the obstacle course. When I spoke to the lady on the phone today she said she has been dealing with about 600 applicants. This will certainly be a competitive process.

Comment

I did my PAT over the weekend and have my interview on Tuesday in Lake City. I wonder how many positions they're trying to fill with these 600 applicants... Floridaash6, what was the interview like the first time you did it?

Comment

See if you can PM me. I also have my interview in Lake City but on Monday

Comment

This will be my second oral board. My first was with a fire department, which I passed but I decided not to follow through. I know this one will be a little different. Any advice for the FWC board?

Comment

How has everyone's oral board been going??

Comment

How was the traffic in Miami for Cinco de Mayo getting to the interview

Comment

Marlin send me a pm

Comment

How many of you wish to be working out of Miami?

Comment

I felt pretty good about mine yesterday. I don't want Miami.. I'm hoping for NE FL.

Comment

How are they informing applicants if you pass/fail?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3064 users online. 156 members and 2908 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X