300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Pete pd

I just applied to st Pete pd and I have testing in 2 weeks. I noticed they have a September class and was wondering what are my chances of getting in the class assuming I pass the tests. I am an out of state applicant and does that weigh any different ?

Thanks

First of all, good luck! Getting in anywhere non-certified is not easy. I've been at it for a while.

I applied with St. Pete in May of last year, I received my date to come down and begin the process in July, and flew down for my poly,psych, ride-along, and meeting with my background investigator. I cleared everything was was told that I had to wait for a hiring board in Oct to see if I was selected. If I was, I would start at the academy in Jan. I was one of 75 eligible candidates for 15 open positions. I did not get selected. I was told I was welcome to apply again in a year. Again, best of luck to you. I hope that my experience helps a little with your time table.
    NYPD Exam 2050 (3/2012)
    List # XX
    APD-5: 2/1/14
    Initial Medical: -------
    Written Psychological: ------
    Oral Psychological: -------
    J.S.T: -------
    Meeting w/ BI: ---------
    Mini Medical: --------
    Getting everything in order and playing the waiting game.

Comment

We just hired six or eight folks to go into the academy, four out of state applicants and two pre-certified applicants. If you are currently in the application process and have not been called to say welcome aboard, then chances are you are not being hired this time around.

Comment

Private message

Originally posted by Peterson View Post
        We just hired six or eight folks to go into the academy, four out of state applicants and two pre-certified applicants. If you are currently in the application process and have not been called to say welcome aboard, then chances are you are not being hired this time around.

Peterson

I am new to this site and don't know how to PM. I have a few questions and hopefully you can help me. Thank you in advance and thanks for your response

Comment

What would you like to know

Comment

Pinellas County Sheriff is hiring also.

Comment

Yes, yes they are

Comment

Does st Pete administer the fbat or cjbat

Comment

Possibly, but I'm not 100% sure. You can call the recruiter and get a definite answer.

Comment

Called recruiter he was unsure. He stated he was aware that they administered one of them just unsure which one. Could you try and assist me ?

Comment

I've got their app sitting on my desk, just debating if I want city or Pinellas.

Comment

Send in both. I believe Pinellas gets you through the process quickly. Are you already certified or need academy?

Comment

Certified with some years of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by nonotnow View Post
                            I've got their app sitting on my desk, just debating if I want city or Pinellas.
                            Send them both in and see who bites first.

Comment

Surprised the recruiter didn't know, we do administer one of the two, but I work patrol so I couldn't tell you much more than that. Put your applications in for both agencies, go with who hired you first.

The only difference between the two is the city has eleven pay steps while the county only has five. There are more chances for off-duty work (if that interests you) than the county. Also the city is busier and you will get more experience. Also don't forget the county is on a state retirement plan which is at thirty years while the city is 25.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3455 users online. 183 members and 3272 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X