300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riviera Beach PD

Couple weeks ago, one of my instructors in class told us about Riviera Beach Police Dept. needing certified and non-certified officers. I know the pay is less than other agencies, but I'm still thinking about applying anyways. Does anyone know anything about RBPD as far as their repuatation personnel, and etc.
    Last edited by rd_30; 04-27-2014, 10:36 PM.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate everything below a 4.

no take home
    not enough personnel
    calls are backed up
    due to heavy call volume, no self initiated work. everything is calls for service
    lowest paid in the county (less than FHP)
    not sure about pension
    word is that if you're not african american, your chances of getting hired are very low.

But job is a job. I would apply there out of pure desperation, but they still wouldn't hire me lol...

good luck bud

Comment

I give all the guys and gals that work there all the credit in the world. They don't pay them nearly enough to be in that hell hole and it's def not a place you should go if you are a half way decent candidate and have a shot with other places. There are other/better departments hiring and I'd suggest looking elsewhere before there. Good luck to you.

Comment

Thank you. I figured the reputation wasn't the greatest but i just needed a few opinions.

Comment

And I guess as an African-American, if I applied there my chances would be good lol, but I'll take my chances with other agencies first.
          Thank you.

Comment

Has anyone gotten hired by them or been through the process? Seem like they hire year-round.
            When you face your fear, most of the time you will discover that it was not really such a big threat after all. We all need some form of deeply rooted, powerful motivation -- it empowers us to overcome obstacles so we can live our dreams.

-Les Brown

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3182 users online. 210 members and 2972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X