300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be "dual" employed?

I know this was a topic several years ago, and I never paid my attention to it. Can somone be a F/T Deputy Sheriff (LE) and work a Reserve PD (LE) job in another county?

If anyone has factual information, please advise. Thanks!!
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Already discussed a few months ago
    http://forums.officer.com/t192653/

To summarize: yes it is legally possible as long as one job is unpaid per the Florida Attorney General and Rampil v. State, however for liability probably no agency will authorize you to do so.
    Last edited by patrick_leo; 04-26-2014, 11:06 PM.

Comment

What Patrick said....my policy specifically says no to this very scenario.

Comment

I know of a detention deputy who is also a volunteer reserve police officer.
        September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop View Post
          I know of a detention deputy who is also a volunteer reserve police officer.
          That might be possible because he is dual certified and performing in a paid corrections function while in an unpaid police/patrol function.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCPOG View Post
            That might be possible because he is dual certified and performing in a paid corrections function while in an unpaid police/patrol function.
            If you read the AG opinion, correction officers are not considered holding an office for the dual office rule and can be working as a paid law enforcement officer in addition to their correction officer employment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2711 users online. 152 members and 2559 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X