300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts --- Criminal Justice Institute Physical Agility Test

Is there a standard regarding the Criminal Justice Institute Physical Agility Test ??

PAT's can vary widely around the state, but as long as you can run decently, and have moderate upper body strength, you should be fine in any PAT (not counting swimming, I know that I swim like a rock, and others do as well).
    Last edited by kermit315; 03-01-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Getting back in PAT shape now myself, swimming I should do ehhh. Not all require the swimming though. Right?

Comment

no, not all. The only ones I have heard of that do are in South Florida.....for reference I am in the Panhandle.

Comment

I just received word from West Palm Beach PD that I am not qualified. after 20 years up north and Florida certification in hand-- the only thing I can think of are one of these tests. Have to check and see if they want me taking the physical assessment test prior to applying. Does that sound right?

Comment

Not really.....the PAT would be part of the hiring process. You really should not be able to do it prior to applying, at least not for score. It does not hurt to get the criteria for the test though and use that as a guide to preparing, but really the easiest thing to do is lots of running, and upper both conditioning (dont forget the legs for the dummy drag).

Did they specify what grounds you were not qualified on?

Comment

To add, for reference, my PAT consisted of the following (as best as I can remember):

Seated in patrol car, seatbelt on, key in glove box. Time starts. get in glove box and get key, unlatch seat belt. Get out, go to trunk, unlock trunk, open trunk. reach to each side of your body (basically twisting your core) and grab flashlight and run 50~ yards out and 50 yards back. next is over a 'fence' then over three hurdles of increasing height. then crawl under some taller hurdles. Dummy drag (175LB) (dont remember how far I had to drag him). Another 50 yard run out and back, go to trunk and put flashlight away. Take out revolver from trunk and 6 trigger squeezes with each hand, put revolver back, close trunk, take key and get back in driver seat, put key in glove box, close glove box, and put seat belt back on. Time ends. I want to say we had 6:02 to do it in, but I did it in like 2:45 and I am not the smallest person.

I might have missed something in there because it has been a while, but that was the gist of it.

Comment

they didn't specify I have to call them on Monday. I just happened to check online as to the status of my application and I noticed that two days after I applied they marked me as not qualified. I'll give them a call and find out, it seems pretty quick to disqualify me, I think it has to do with possibly an incomplete application

Comment

wow, that sounds like a lot but since you didn't in almost a third of the time it doesn't sound Impossible. I'm 6/220, my biggest issue is just loosening up my joints

Comment

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...itiesTest.aspx

Although it says Capitol Police, the test mentioned above is the standard CJSTC mandated physical abilities test that every prospective officer must pass. Some academies and agencies have additional tests that applicants must pass, but everyone in the state has to at least pass the above test.

We are required to take and pass the test every year as part of in-service training. It's not at all difficult. Only those who are grossly out of shape or morbidly obese have trouble passing the test.
                    Last edited by Delta_V; 03-01-2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta_V View Post
                      https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content...itiesTest.aspx

Although it says Capitol Police, the test mentioned above is the standard CJSTC mandated physical abilities test that every prospective officer must pass. Some academies and agencies have additional tests that applicants must pass, but everyone in the state has to at least pass the above test.

We are required to take and pass the test every year as part of in-service training. It's not at all difficult. Only those who are grossly out of shape or morbidly obese have trouble passing the test.
                      Yep, that is the one we did. I guess I remembered the broad strokes anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I have something to go by now. I really appreciate it.

Comment

I never had to do that one. Pretty sure it varies by agency/academy to agency/academy. it was similar, but not completely like that one. I know another agency in my area that has a completely different one too from the academy I attended and what my dept wanted.

Anyway, they are all pretty easy as long as you arent overweight or really out of shape. If you are, you are going to have more trouble with the academy PT than the PAT/initial fitness test.
                          Last edited by USMCPOG; 03-01-2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4515 users online. 263 members and 4252 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X